or Connect

Posts by dlance

Good choice.   I have played both courses and love pebble much more. Spyglass is more challenging, but to me only in that with the layout of the course they have eliminated my driver. When i went there i didnt' know this and tried to hit drivers and 3 woods off the tee and almost every time i ended up through the fairway and in the woods. If i get the chance to play there again i think that my driver may only see the course 2 or 3 times. That to me isn't fun if you...
Being that you are a +1.6 handicap i find it hard to believe that you would buy a club that doesn't fit your game to start with. Don't you get on a launch monitor prior to purchasing a new club?  
  I have to post and back up this other guy with the 350 yard drive...I am a 5 handicap and hit the ball far. I don't average 350 by any means, but it is far from a stretch that i can hit that far. Now some people may say well yea, your handicap is a third of this other guy, but i have to say that i was hitting that far when i was a 20. The main improvement in my game has been accuracy and chipping. I have always had the distance, and i don't think that it is fair to say...
  I was not expecting to be able to control the e6 around the green either...but after playing on the course with it i can't argue with the results. Also, i did mention that i was going to try the 330's to see if i could keep that feel off the irons and driver, but increase green-side spin. I played many a rounds with the penta's and could not stop them (even with flop shots). I might as well have been chipping with range balls.
I have my own opinions on this, but want to know if others have something they are dead set on as being the best training tool on the market.     My pick? Medicus 5i (dual hinge model)   In my opinion the Medicus 5i is the best tool out there. It helps teach new players what the swing should be like and if you read the book that comes with it will help to tell you what to improve on without the need of an expensive instructor. I also like that you can hit...
I would say if you could bring your club head back a little straighter it may help reduce the loop you have at the top, and then try and get a little more weight shift forward during your downswing (with a lot of your weight staying on the back foot it can cause the pushes and fades)  
I played baseball for 14 years before switching to golf (im 28) and had the same problems in the beginning.   For your grip i would recommend an overlap grip. It is between the interlock and baseball grip. Basically grip your left hand like you would your bat, but instead of wrapping your thumb around point it down towards the club head. Now take your right hand and put it on top of your left thumb with your right pinky on top of your left pointer finger and have...
If your normal glasses have the option you can sometimes get the clip over shad lenses that just turn them into sunglasses.   I also had a pair of Oakley's that were not prescription that i sent back to Oakley to have fitted with new lenses. It changed the outer tint a little from Blue to a bit of a purple, but otherwise worked out great.  
Dude, that is a bad ass cart right there...!!!   I have an ipad and have taken it out on the course with me twice and let me tell you it sucks!!! Way to large to have to handle (even if you are riding in a cart). But if you plan to walk and have a set up like this guy...i say go for it. Otherwise i just stick with my skycaddie. so in answer to your question: Tacky? No. Practical? No. 
I have been putting a lot of time in over the last year trying to pick a ball that felt good and think i may be settling on the Bridgestone ones. I normally play Titleist Pro V1, but have played many rounds with the Taylormade Penta's (they are good off the tee, but don't spin for crap around the greens. I had to stop playing them because i couldn't keep the ball near the pin if it was in the front of the green..and i play with a 62* vokey..)   So next i tried the...