or Connect

Posts by Kingkat1954

#3All I know, is that after I read "Sam: The One and Only Sam Snead", by Al Barkow;  and "American Triumvirate", (the story of Hogan,Snead and Nelson),by James Dodson, I have a slightly different view of Snead and his history.
I like Paige Mackenzie. She seems a little smarter and more knowledgeable than other "former" personalities. I also like Charlie Rhymer, and  Kelley Tilghman . Gary Williams can be a little too much sometimes. Gets a little loud. Lauren Thompson and Damon Hack are fine.   Brandel Chamblee is just too full of himself for honest opinions. In trying to be controversial, he simply comes off as mean spirited. Rosaforte is good . Knows a lot of inside stuff.   Frank Nobilo...
If Tiger surpasses Snead in All-time Victories, you might have to compare how many years it took. Snead played for 30 years competitively? Started in 1937 on tour.  At 52, in 1965 won a PGA tour event. So, if Tiger plays another 20 years.................   For Snead, there was some discussion about what constituted a "PGA tour " victory too. Either way, Tiger passing Snead for All-time victories would be a milestone. Maybe bigger than major championships. Maybe if he...
The most memorable golf shot from 2014 was the last tee shot, of the last round I played,  going so far left that it would make Newt Gingrich cry!  I decided to not play anymore until this year,2015.   I have several things to work on. Mostly developing a better "impact" position, weight shift improvement, and not hitting it fat.
I remember reading, somewhere in a golf magazine, that driving distance was NOT that important to the overall score in golf. If I remember correctly, it stated that even 220 yards was sufficient to break 90 for 18 holes. The article said it was accuracy that was the most important aspect for better scores.   I remember Jim Flick using the "20 yard" rule. If you hit off fairway,or green, simply pick-up ball and retreat about 20 yards and place it in fairway and continue...
Retired from a "multi-national" auto manufacturer. Now, a part time instructor for GED. Helping the "kids" graduate, and move on with their lives.   Pays enough to keep me golfing , drinking bourbon and good cigars!   Just waiting for some "warmer" weather here in Tennessee. Been extremely cold lately.
Golfers are a sturdy lot........they will find a new method to use a longer putter. Just  won't anchor it against the body.   Still not sure WHY they ruled against the stroke, just because it looks bad? Or  isn't in the spirit of the game? Reminds me of the time when they outlawed Snead's croquet style putting method.   Joe Dye ( along with USGA) simply did not like Snead. He said ( from what I have read from many sources), he even considered to rule against the side...
Foot Joy Weather Soft glove   Fast twist cleats   Tour Trek golf bag   Titleist golf hat   All this stuff absolutely will make me a "much better" golfer this year!!!!!! (at least that's what I tell the spouse!)
This man is my absolute hero!!!!!!!!!   Loves some wine.............a good cigar...............and has a very beautiful lady in his life.   Oh yea, he plays a little golf on the side!       If he does not want to be the RC captain, I support him. However, I would make him in charge of the after tournament party! Oh Yea!!!!!!
I am wondering if Team USA are disgusted because they could not win..............or just did not win.........?   Almost like they believed they were the underdogs.....................and then just stayed there.  They did not play like they could win. Like a previous post, they played well enough for a good top 10 finish. Nothing more.   As for Phil........good ideas.............wrong place to say it. Makes him look like a very poor loser. Mahan looked embarrassed next...