or Connect

Posts by dak4n6

My home course is an upscale resort, and since we get a lot of out of towners it is a real challenge keeping up the conditions. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one replacing divots and fixing ball marks.   Etiquette and course maintenance is an essential part of the game, and as such it must be taught to all newcomers regardless of age. Plus it sounds like this jackass was simply one of those parents who think that letting their kids do whatever they want is...
Golf is one of the unique sports in that you don't need to have a competitor in order to play. Or, it has been said that the course is your competitor.   That being said, I always enjoy getting into competition against other players. That is IMO really the heart of the game. It heightens and sharpens everything. Every stroke becomes a little more important. Ever since I joined my local CC, I play for $ with my buds when I'm not playing with my family, and I have to...
  Didn't realize this thread was still alive. Upon start up it would just cycle endlessly through the start screens. It happened about 6 mo ago, and they just reloaded the firmware, but this time it was out of warranty so tough noogies on me. Thanks for the offers for fixing it (bplewis too) but I tossed it already.
"One of my favorite things to make is carnitas. Basically you take a 5lb pork butt, toss it in a Dutch oven with spices (chilli powder, lots of other stuff that I can't remember off the top of my head), a few onions, and jalapeños (plus I like to add some poblanos because they're mild but offer good texture), and braise it for 4 or 5 hours. Then you pull the meat, onions, and poblanos out and place them on a sheet pan with some more of the spices and a bit of the liquid...
Talking Heads > one of my all time fav bands. More Songs About Buildings and Food > great record. Byrne is scary smart, I think his IQ is like 170 or something. Sorry, back on topic...
Shorty, I actually wondered WTF happened to you a couple months ago, and reading these confirmed that I too am a DB since I realized that I agreed with you in almost all of your acrimonious exchanges.   And remember, forged irons are much softer than cast!   PS: Is that a toilet plunger in your updated avatar?
My list of swing thoughts or keys that have worked in the past numbers  probably somewhere around 50. Only 643 left to go...   Actually the one thing I keep learning and then losing is swinging with my proper temo...I re-learn this one about 4or 5 times every year...
This is one of those ageless endless debates. But it stays interesting no matter how much it is discussed.   Just wanted to add one more little morsel of observation - when I got my first set of blades 15 yrs ago (Ram FX Tour), the one aspect of the swing they really helped me find was tempo. I noticed that I just could not hit them right with anything except a nice smooth unrushed tempo. Who knows, without making the switch I might still be jerking and rushing from...
I get dirt in my iron grooves pretty much every shot unless I really belly the ball, so yes every shot gets the wet towel treatment. And, I'm seeing the difference with my son's clubs - his grooves are ragged, worn, and permanently discolored - they look like they have dirt in them but it doesn't come out even with a scrubby pad.
I followed her for a few holes this past week. She has lost a lot of weight compared with the last few years, and her swing looked much quicker, and I don't even want to touch that putting stance of hers.