or Connect

Posts by eich41

My "late to the party" thoughts:   - The only two questionable calls Watson made IMO, were to play Keegan/Mickelson twice on day 1 then bench them all of Saturday, and perhaps the biggest was to play Walker/Fowler all four matches on Friday and Saturday.  They had played solid but not great, and they went all 18 every match.  If they had closed out some teams 5 &4 it wouldn't have been as big of a deal, but asking two guys (any of them) to play 90 holes of extremely...
Sure but The Old Man and The Sea wouldn't have been any better if Hemingway had typed it.  That's what the swing tacticians seem to have a had time grasping. Faldo was talking about Bubba yesterday morning and said something along the lines of "Bubba's swing is all over the place, but I asked him about it and he said all he cares about is the final results, how the golf ball gets to where it needs to go doesn't matter" and Faldo seemed dumbfounded by that concept. I get...
One other interesting observation.  The media's obsession with TW has completely overshadowed Jordan Spieth's explosion on the PGA Tour.  He has certainly gotten some love, but more in the context of "He's a good young player".  If he pulls this off today, TW's start would pale in comparison to what Spieth has done prior to being able to buy a beer to celebrate a victory.   My rooting interests for today in order:   Kuchar Spieth Fowler/Jimenez Blixt     I'd love...
It's relevant because you don't have to have a textbook swing to play good golf. It's not a knock on Faldo's career, and it's not a knock on having a textbook swing.  However, this thought that there's only one way to swing a golf club and produce good results is silliness.
You sound like Faldo.  More concerned with having a textbook swing than the results of the swing. IMO today's golf world is far too obsessed with the swing.
  This is probably as good of advice as you're going to get.  I have to say though I disagree a bit with your assessment on FD/Arcadia. You're right on that Forest Dunes is probably the better golf course, but Arcadia is an experience.  I think those two are the best two courses in Northern MI, (Public courses).  While the elevation changes are found at many Northern MI courses, I don't believe that's what "Northern Michigan Golf  is all about".   As to the OP, you're...
Looks like a good setup.  I'll have to look into it a bit more.  What's the weather like that time of year?
To clarify, I'm looking for 3 nights but only assuming I'll actually play 3 days at the most.  I'm thinking by the time I fly there, get to the resort and checked in, I probably won't play the day of arrival.  Would play on day 2, 3, and maybe one round on day of departure depending on the flight.  I have to believe that 700 bucks will get you 3 nights in a hotel and at least one round of golf a day during that time period.  Granted I'm from the state with the best public...
I've been thinking about doing a golf trip this winter with some friends.  Everything is pretty fluid right now, but we'd probably prefer to do it around late February.  Obviously not the most ideal time for a lot of traditional spots (Carolinas).  Anyone know of any resorts in some good spots that time of the year?  Probably looking to keep it around 600-700 bucks on a three night stay including the golf.  Ideally I'd like to find a resort with a few courses on site to...
Don't forget that on top of the course costs, you also have to factor in another 300k-2M+ for the clubhouse (and restaurant banquet facilities) unless you're going the trailer route.