or Connect

Posts by Putridgasbag

You want to understand putting? Read Pelz's Putting Bible. Everything you wanted and didn't want to know about putting. Made me a better putter and I don't get as upset about the missed ones, though I can't help but think about donuts every time I see the hole.
Ours has a couple of holes with tees that aren't listed on the card. Our short par 3 that topped out at 127 yards has a non listed tee that plays an insane 161. Luckily that one isn't used that often as the green is made for wedge shots not mid irons. The 18th has a tee that turns a reasonably tough 363 yard par 4 into a really tough 400 yarder. The course also has a lot of dog legs and elevation changes and can be quite tricky for distances, some holes play longer and...
I hate advertising on my covers or anything for that matter. Currently I have a bear and a skunk covering the driver and the 3 wood respectfully. I have had the nickname Bear (or versions of) since I was 12 or so and I always have at least one bear on the clubs. The skunk was from the kids. I think it is a statement of some sort :)
  I don't disagree and believe that it is the fault of the system for allowing casual rounds to count. Lots of free programs to track casual rounds, the so called official one should be used for tournaments. Better chance that rounds would be scrutinized and attested and a player called out for fudging the score.
  Except for the part where he states under the rules of golf and handicap. So really rushing isn't against the rules and is a subjective thing thus as long as you pick the ball out of the hole and record the number you meet both criteria.   Again you can rush any shot and just because it is a 3 footer doesn't make it anything more than a bad choice on the golfers part.
Do not know if I am nuts but I do organize my bag and pockets the same for every round, though I do it mainly because I don't like searching for stuff during a round.   Clubs go in the bag in the same place they came out, I like being able to glance at the bag and see that all clubs are accounted for. Left one behind many years years ago and didn't like it and would like to not have a repeat of that and the bonus is it makes pulling a club quick when the decision is...
  Well two are cheating and two are not and if you have to ask which you shouldn't be asking the question.
  While I agree with you on most parts I do have a quibble with the highlighted part. I believe that most people change the way they play in a casual round as opposed to a tournament round. I know I do and I don't see it as a problem except for the handicap. Tournament rounds will see me mark most if not all of my putts, usually make a more conservative choice on the tee and generally play a tighter game than in a casual round. Casual rounds will see me more talkative and...
  Had that happen a few times. People who get caught up so much with the pace of play when it is slow and they let it get to them. I prefer a steady, fairly brisk pace but you can't always get what you want. When I go to a course I know there is a possibility that it could take anywhere from 3 to 5 hours depending on a lot of factors. Played with guys who really, really let it get under their skin and their negative attitude and energy can be hard to counter. If you have...
Sandbagging- What is Permitted?.... and that there folks is why the handicap system is a joke.   Jumping back on the dead horse and beating it some more, my belief is that handicaps kept by the governing body of game should be tournament rounds only. Playing only casual rounds? Lots of free places to keep track of your handicap, you really don't need an "official" number. It is to the point that our weekly Saturday mens morning tournament has its own handicap and I...