or Connect

Posts by Parker0065

I've probably posted this before, oh well, but the idea that people playing from the wrong tees is OK if they simply keep up with the group ahead may be somewhat true on a busy course where congestion is already very high. The problem is when you put a single playing from the wrong tees with a twosome or threesome that are all playing from the correct tees, they are going to slow the group down as a whole.   You guy's like math and science here and that's all it is, basic...
Positive Attitude!!!!   Whether it's a warm up session before a round or a full practice session, if I'm hitting the ball like garbage I always walk away shrugging it off knowing it will be better next time or when I get on the course. Pretty much 100% of the time it is. I get it that you haven't been at it for +40 years like some of us have so we've had enough experiences to know and understand that it's more than OK to have a bad range session or be in a slump for a...
Bingo! DVR is the magic box! I record absolutely everything nowadays from NBA playoffs to PGA Tour events. As soon as FOX started their yapping and little sidebar stories at the US Open I would simply fast forward to the action back on the course. Easier to plan your life around it as well. Go play golf on Sat/Sun afternoons then go home and watch the golf action in prime time. I would go absolutely nuts without my DVR at this point! Next to putting a man on the moon, the...
Yeah the whole thing was more comical than anything. I think in the spirit of this thread the point was he wasn't much of a "Real Golfer" so bringing snacks with him to feed his enormous size was probably not in his psyche and I could have likely given him 35 shots and the match would have went a couple more holes.   
I had to chuckle because I ran into this a couple years back. My home course has a members matchplay event that runs through the summer. They setup the bracket then give everyone a set amount of time to get the match in against your opponent. The consensus among the members is due to work and other commitments most people can't take 3-4 days in a row to play a real match play event and it's separate from our medal play Club Championship..  On my first match that year I...
Observation 1: Funny you brought this up. I was going through and throwing out some old Golf magazines the other day and came across a 2012 Davis Love article where he said he loaded into his back(right) heel on the back swing and his front(left) heel on the downswing. There was a little more to it than that but it was a pretty decent article for "magazine instruction" lol!   Observation 2: As Tat14 said you may be swinging at it too hard but one thing I would be very...
A bit of a misconception that draws go a lot farther than fades. The easy answer to this is simply "who" is hitting the shot?    For many Ams that hit a weak glancing blow from OTT with open face you may perfect hitting the ball in the middle of the club face but because of the characteristics of that type of swing it will produce very short distance.    So many people transition from there to trying to hit from the "inside" which without some swing changes and...
Please do not take this as a bashing or an attempt to crush your dreams in any way. It's just a real world example to give you a healthy dose of reality.  My son is a junior this year and his team lost only one match the entire season. My son and three other seniors that are graduating this year range in handicaps from scratch to a 2. Their #1 player shot a three day total of -9 under par during tryouts(it's his home course) this past fall. Two of the three graduating...
Colin,Your right that the majority of courses in the Capitol District do max out at 6500-6700 yards. Likely because most of them are older more classic styled layouts that were built well before the clubs and ball became super juiced. In many cases I've found most of these courses to be great layouts from the back tees with a combination of short par4's inside 375, along with some tough +450 yard par4's sprinkled into the mix. But we do have some length in the...
Headphones/MP3 Player! Greatest invention ever!   My wintertime practice facility(Golf Dome) can get pretty busy and pretty loud. There's a large number of retirees there daily who like to group together and have extensive discussions on how "Hogan did it", along with the "self proclaimed golf guru's" who like to comb the range and coach their associates in great detail, of all their swing faults and how they should be fixing them. A lot of talking, not a lot of...