or Connect

Posts by Parker0065

I'm not sure what a "All Out" swing is? I picture someone falling all over themselves after impact. How hard can you swing and stay in perfect balance would be my own personal definition of "normal"!   This may be wrong to some but for myself I always strive to swing at the same speed or pace(club head speed will change with club length) . I change grip length if I want to hit shorter and I plan from the tee box on approach length to avoid putting myself into a weird...
I think gloves are completely a "Personal Preference"! The grips they have nowadays lets you get away with it.   I feel completely naked without a glove yet my son can't stand having one on. I tried a couple years ago to get him to play with one but he didn't like it and felt uncomfortable. So he has went gloveless all his golfing life.
You hit your 5 and 9 woods more accurately for the same reason everybody hits their 8,9,PW more accurate than their 3,4,5 irons,,,,,LOFT(and shorter shaft)!!!!! Ball gets up in the air quicker and lands softer. Bad shots tend to not get in as much trouble.   But you do bring up a good point on club length. I'm sure everyone here will disagree with me but I don't think the length they make today's Drivers at 46 - 45.5 does much good at all for the average player. Sure...
What constitutes a good day? Playing with my teenage son and his fellow high school buddies.   I've played this game for so, so long and at this point in my golf life I really get the most enjoyment out of watching really good competitive junior players! I've been beyond fortunate that my son took to golf but I'm most proud that he has turned out to be a great kid. That's not my words, but the words of club members and other PGA Junior Tour parents and Pro's! He gets...
No, Golfingdad hit the nail on the head. It is NOT a recognized format of play by the USGA/RA so in that essence it is not real "competitive" golf to begin with!!!! Maybe in your mind it is but I think the USGA/RA recognizes the fact that in any competition where the player(in this case team) is the sole determination of score on a particular hole is neither a healthy or fair format! For that I give them a lot of credit!
Read the whole post, the risk of hitting driver may not warrant a 30 yard pitch. Looking at the google earth photo's is one thing, actually standing on the tee and seeing the terrain is another. I might stand on that tee in question and see that hitting driver is very inviting and go for it. There are many holes I play that I hit Driver (where others will not) because it actually takes trouble "out" of play so at my level(+30 years as a scratch) it's not so much a matter...
Pretty basic decision for me and my game. 3H to 90 yards and a 3/4 Gap wedge with my 90 yard swing that I practice every fricken time I'm at the range.   Why would I play the hole this way: Because I practice my 90 yard Gap wedge shot every fricken time I'm at the range, lol!   But also looking at risk/reward as far as hitting Driver, if I can't reach the green or at least the front fringe where I can putt it I don't see it as much of an advantage to have a 30 yard...
Interesting poll!   I like the idea of comparing age and how or when people took up the game. I'll use my Father in law as an example because he like so many average golfers never played or took up golf until he retired which happened to be right at the height of Tiger's dominance. My Father in law is(not quite as much since the fire hydrant incident) a huge Tiger fan. He never watched or followed golf back in the 60's/70's and although he's plenty old enough, never...
We followed Sadena through the front nine. She got off to a great start with a birdie on #1 and #2 then drove it into the left hand green side bunker of the drivable par4 5th hole and nearly made eagle with a excellent bunker shot to about a foot. Her putting was very solid as she drained birdies on #6 and #7 from around the 15-18 foot range to get to -5 on the day. She made a bit of a mess on the easy par 5 8th making par but it turns out she didn't need birdie there,...
I agree it's never good to hear of people losing jobs. When the 2008 bubble burst I had a few neighbors lose their jobs and eventually a couple of them had to sell their homes, very sad to see people go through that. I'm the same as you as far as Dick's. I would buy balls in there when I was in a pinch and that's about it. We have a privately owned golf store that is unmatched in service, knowledge and fitting. The prices there are pretty much the same as the Big Box...