or Connect

Posts by Parker0065

Been crazy at work this week so I took Friday off and slept in and had a lazy relaxed morning.   Made it out to the course around 1:30 for some practice and 9 holes. I hit balls then chipped and putted listening to some Pink Floyd before I went out.   Birdied the first hole making a nice 18 footer. From there didn't really hit the ball all that great. Pared 2 and 3 but had a uncalled for 3 putt from the fringe on 4 to fall back to even. Made a nice 2 putt from 50 feet...
I didn't vote because I'm neither when it comes to Bubba. I don't cheer for him or against him.   When watching golf as a fan I have four categories of players: Those I'm pulling for and hope they win. Those I don't care for and hope they don't win. Those that I really don't care one way or another but they are exciting to watch.(Bubba) Those that I really don't care one way or the other and they are not exciting to watch.   For me Bubba is just fun to watch! I'd...
I agree DZ, if a kid has the desire and talent they are going to succeed or at least have that opportunity without specializing or making it their whole world. I think it's great that there are so many more opportunities for kids to play and practice sports these days compared to when I was younger but playing different sports or activities helps make a more rounded person for sure! I was a one sport golf nut back in high school. I guess because I was good at it and not...
I wouldn't necessarily say I ever really "started" my son in golf. But I'll let you in on a little secret about parenting. As toddlers grow up they are watching you and they want to do what your doing in many cases when it comes to sports and other fun activities. As a crazed golfer I always had clubs laying around in my home office and a golf net in the back yard. When he was about 18 months old he decided it would be cool to get my old 1-iron from the corner of my office...
I agree with everything accept that Kylee doesn't have enough game. I think she does and I would like to see her win but it is going to be an uphill battle because of Mary's click. I would imagine they are going to be picking her for elimination over the next few shows. If she survives that she may be dangerous in the finals. Sedena and Jackie are easily the two best players left if you look at tournament scores but I just have a feeling that Kylee is going to hang in...
It's nothing more than "Style Points" much like the club twirlers. I was a big fan of Greg Norman's swing back in the 80's and he would whip it back down many times after a big drive. I guess I watched him do it too much because I noticed I started doing it myself and still do it today.   When I was junior player in the late 70's I went through a club twirling phase watching Lee Trevino do it. Luckily I grew out of that one!   Either way it has nothing to do with...
Ummm,,,yeah,,,   I would say the thread was mis-named. Should be more along the lines of : Hacker(12.2) complains about not letting to get to play through!!!!!!!    
I'm strangling you right now dude, can you feel it? I'm choking the life out of you for complaining about a little rain while there is nearly 3 feet of snow piled up in my yard and it's 20* outside!!!! Phhhheeeewww! OK, I'm calming down now!!!!! I live in Upstate NY because that is where my beautiful wife is from and she begged me to live here so you do what you do for the ones that you love the most. March is always a tough month because winter is coming to an end but...
I gotta dig way back in the archives to remember high school golf tryouts about 35 years ago.   It's easy to sit hear now and say no big deal don't let it get to you, but I do remember that there was a ton of pressure. My school wasn't your typical "show up and make the team" program by any stretch! Our golf team was one of the best in the State during my time in high school so you had to "bring it" just to get on the team and had to actually have some real (D1/D2...
I've played and prefered black gloves since the 1980's!    Black Glove, Belt, Shoes, match perfectly!!!!!!