or Connect

Posts by Parker0065

When I think of Mental Game it has nothing to do with technique, ability, ball flight rules, course management,,,,,etc.   It's about fading in and out of focus during the round and allowing my mind to escape from the pressure of the situation I may find myself in. It's like overfilling a balloon. If you keep adding more and more air eventually your going to pop it, just as staying overly focused about every little thing in your game, swing, course management, ball flight...
Personally I always strive to feel "Neutral" in the sense that neither hand is necessarily in control of the swing.   If I ever felt like one hand or the other took over it slowed my swing down and I would become disconnected. For me the feeling of the hands working in unison connected to my bodies pivot has always produced the longest and most accurate shots!
That's exactly how it plays out in my area!There are basically three options in my area: Dick's - Um,,,,NO! Golf Galaxy - They have all the equipment and the ability to do a decent fitting but honestly the "big box" mentality really comes out in there. To them, everyone that walks through the door is a 20 handicap because,,,,,that's what they mostly sell to so they give everybody the usual treatment. Mom & Pop store that's been around since the 1950's - Bingo, every and...
Good Job RFK! You picked a hole that I birdied last time I was out there!   Unlike #1 at Capitol Hills that is a very short but tough Par-5 that I enjoy, #12 is much longer at 554 yards from the back tees and this hole just does not fit my eye or my ball flight. I can cut the ball but I just don't do it unless I have no other option.   On this hole from the back tees I don't worry about the bunkers, I don't think I could get there, at least I haven't hit them yet,...
Great choice of holes RFK and as I've told you before this may be my favorite course in the Capitol Area(Glens Falls CC is pretty fun as well and very hilly like Capitol Hills)!   I've only played the hole from the back tees which isn't much of a difference here but every yard helps getting to a flatter spot down the fairway. The key to this hole is hitting a solid tee shot down the left side of the fairway. This will give you a nice kick forward and back to the middle...
Got it!Thanks Crim!
OK guy's, First dumb question and I apologize if this was already mentioned but:   If I don't put the guy's on my bench in play during the tournament do they still get dinged for a "start" of the 10 possible starts?     Thanks!
"The Johns Hopkins study found that those who hated losing the most choked when told that they stood to win the most, while those who cared more about winning choked when they stood to lose something significant. In other words, it's all about how you frame the incentive: as a loss or as a gain."   I definitely fall into the "loss adverse" category!   You never forget the first time you choke, it's like your first love, you just never forget. For me I was 13 and...
Without going back through this thread Larry Nelson and Calvin Peete have already been there and done that so I don't think anyone would dispute that it couldn't be accomplished at all. It is extremely rare but not impossible, obviously. Then there's Robert Landers, a cattle farmer most his adult life took up the game at age 28 and made it through the Senior Tour Q-School in 1995 with no real prior Pro Tour experience. Perhaps not as amazing as Nelson or Peete but still...
I prefer to keep the ball as low as possible with a fair amount of spin, couple hops and stop from that 40-60 yard range. Of course that has to come from the fairway to get the ball cleanly to apply spin(and a decent premium ball). I like hitting the shot with my 52* gap wedge from the fairway and from the rough I'll usually change up to my 58* and go for a higher softer shot because it's just not going to spin as much.   But it's all "shot dependent" that's required. If...