or Connect

Posts by Parker0065

Colin,Your right that the majority of courses in the Capitol District do max out at 6500-6700 yards. Likely because most of them are older more classic styled layouts that were built well before the clubs and ball became super juiced. In many cases I've found most of these courses to be great layouts from the back tees with a combination of short par4's inside 375, along with some tough +450 yard par4's sprinkled into the mix. But we do have some length in the...
Headphones/MP3 Player! Greatest invention ever!   My wintertime practice facility(Golf Dome) can get pretty busy and pretty loud. There's a large number of retirees there daily who like to group together and have extensive discussions on how "Hogan did it", along with the "self proclaimed golf guru's" who like to comb the range and coach their associates in great detail, of all their swing faults and how they should be fixing them. A lot of talking, not a lot of...
When I think of Mental Game it has nothing to do with technique, ability, ball flight rules, course management,,,,,etc.   It's about fading in and out of focus during the round and allowing my mind to escape from the pressure of the situation I may find myself in. It's like overfilling a balloon. If you keep adding more and more air eventually your going to pop it, just as staying overly focused about every little thing in your game, swing, course management, ball flight...
Personally I always strive to feel "Neutral" in the sense that neither hand is necessarily in control of the swing.   If I ever felt like one hand or the other took over it slowed my swing down and I would become disconnected. For me the feeling of the hands working in unison connected to my bodies pivot has always produced the longest and most accurate shots!
That's exactly how it plays out in my area!There are basically three options in my area: Dick's - Um,,,,NO! Golf Galaxy - They have all the equipment and the ability to do a decent fitting but honestly the "big box" mentality really comes out in there. To them, everyone that walks through the door is a 20 handicap because,,,,,that's what they mostly sell to so they give everybody the usual treatment. Mom & Pop store that's been around since the 1950's - Bingo, every and...
Good Job RFK! You picked a hole that I birdied last time I was out there!   Unlike #1 at Capitol Hills that is a very short but tough Par-5 that I enjoy, #12 is much longer at 554 yards from the back tees and this hole just does not fit my eye or my ball flight. I can cut the ball but I just don't do it unless I have no other option.   On this hole from the back tees I don't worry about the bunkers, I don't think I could get there, at least I haven't hit them yet,...
Great choice of holes RFK and as I've told you before this may be my favorite course in the Capitol Area(Glens Falls CC is pretty fun as well and very hilly like Capitol Hills)!   I've only played the hole from the back tees which isn't much of a difference here but every yard helps getting to a flatter spot down the fairway. The key to this hole is hitting a solid tee shot down the left side of the fairway. This will give you a nice kick forward and back to the middle...
Got it!Thanks Crim!
OK guy's, First dumb question and I apologize if this was already mentioned but:   If I don't put the guy's on my bench in play during the tournament do they still get dinged for a "start" of the 10 possible starts?     Thanks!
"The Johns Hopkins study found that those who hated losing the most choked when told that they stood to win the most, while those who cared more about winning choked when they stood to lose something significant. In other words, it's all about how you frame the incentive: as a loss or as a gain."   I definitely fall into the "loss adverse" category!   You never forget the first time you choke, it's like your first love, you just never forget. For me I was 13 and...