or Connect

Posts by Parker0065

We followed Sadena through the front nine. She got off to a great start with a birdie on #1 and #2 then drove it into the left hand green side bunker of the drivable par4 5th hole and nearly made eagle with a excellent bunker shot to about a foot. Her putting was very solid as she drained birdies on #6 and #7 from around the 15-18 foot range to get to -5 on the day. She made a bit of a mess on the easy par 5 8th making par but it turns out she didn't need birdie there,...
I agree it's never good to hear of people losing jobs. When the 2008 bubble burst I had a few neighbors lose their jobs and eventually a couple of them had to sell their homes, very sad to see people go through that. I'm the same as you as far as Dick's. I would buy balls in there when I was in a pinch and that's about it. We have a privately owned golf store that is unmatched in service, knowledge and fitting. The prices there are pretty much the same as the Big Box...
A ton of bogies on #7 by most on the first page of the leaderboard. Rory's par putt was about as good as a birdie against his closest competitors.   I don't know what hole is playing the toughest today but #7 has to be up there among the most difficult.
I think anytime someone without any Tour status gets into a "Major" be they a pro or amateur is something special. They all have a unique story and pathway into the tournament!
I voted neither because I think it's more a matter of what type you play most. I have a lot of experience playing in the wind but very little on links golf. I guess I've only played two seaside/links type courses, Pebble Beach, and The Currituck Club in Outer Banks N.C. Neither of them exactly look or play like what you see on TV in the "The Open Championship" but one thing is for sure, wind is their biggest defense!   When I played Pebble Beach years ago the weather was...
Awesome and Good Luck! Capitol Hills is one of my favorite courses in our area and my son and I will be out there in the gallery on Saturday or Sunday. I always enjoy watching the ladies play!
From the USGA website:  A scramble is not played under the principles of The Rules of Golf   For me, that pretty much sums it up! But, unfortunately scrambles have become deeply embedded into the world of amateur/club golf. When I was in my 20's(30 years ago) you could play locally sponsored amateur medal and match play events all summer long. They're still out there but only a handful compared to yesteryear. Scrambles, you can easily play in two or three a week all...
Pong, got it for X-Mas sometime back in the 1970's.Thankfully I just missed the whole Video Game boom of the 1980's! By then I was only interested in Golf, Girls, and Booze!  
3 Dozen Slazenger Raw Distance for $25,,,lol!   When my Father in law first took up the game he had this idea in his head that if he hit a ball in the woods or water he couldn't move on until he at least fished another ball out of the hazard area. So over the course of a few birthdays and Holidays I filled his garage with 3 dozen deals of Slazenger's and Rock-Flights. The corner of his garage looks like a Dick's Sporting Goods ball display but I finally got him to just...
You can bash me for this but personally I like the direction the USGA has gone in the last few years. I support the groove change 100% and although it didn't change a lot due to the ball manufactures went to work on coming up with different compounds to counteract the rule I think it was a step in the right direction. Same thing with anchoring! I'm a big Adam Scott fan and I hope(and I think he will,,,,too much talent) he comes up with a different putter/method to continue...