or Connect

Posts by Bman

Hey Gboroman, the toe-up to toe-up worked wonders at the range last night, I was very (pleasantly) surprised how this simple drill is not recommended in any of the shank fixes that I viewed. I can now feel confident hitting full swing with my irons again, I can't wait to get back on the course, I will post after my next round this Friday. Thanks again for posting your advice, and congratulations on your closest-to-the-pin achievement.
 I thought the toe-up to to-up drill is for fixing fade/slice, I remember using this drill a lot in my early golf days when I had a bad slice.  But I certainly will try your suggestions, will be heading to the driving range this evening.
In my case, lining up the ball really helps my putting.  I've started lining the ball a couple of years ago and I've sunk a lot more putts since then.  However I only use the line on the ball to line up the putt for sinkable putts, like within 10 feet with reasonably straight line.  Longer distance I just pick a mark on the green in front of the ball as my line.   When I play casual rounds like going out with customers, I don't line up the putts and I miss most short...
I've been playing golf for almost 20 years and developed a fairly consistent swing over the years.  I shoot in the mid 80s most of the time, and have more rounds in the 70s every year. About a month ago, I suddenly started shanking shots with mid and short irons.  I've done a lot of research, read about causes and fixes, watched several instructional videos, checking my grip, my posture, my swing paths, everything, but it still happens occasionally.  My last 2 games had...
Sorry, I'm on a roll here with all these posts because of several confusing situations I ran into over the weekend's round. My buddy hit an approach shot over a pond onto the green, the ball went across the water, landed on the fringe of the green but then it rolled back down into the water. One guy said that the rule is that he has to drop the ball "where it first entered the body of water" which is on this side of the pond and hit across again. I've always thought...
One of my golf buddy hit a nasty snap hook and ended on an adjacent fairway.  The 2 holes run parallel to each other with a small "forest" of huge trees between the 2 fairways.  We all said his only option was to aim back towards our tee box, or take a penalty stroke and re-tee because he could not advance forward through the trees.  However he knew the course well so he intentionally hit down that fairway then hit across back our green.  He said there was no stake so he...
I was playing at a course that's has been receiving a face lift with new sand traps and added lots of trees along several fairways. I hit a slice on 1 hole and the ball landed under a new planted tree, there is a 2 feet radius circle around the tree where the soil and tree barks are raised up with 2 metal supporting stakes on opposite side.  I checked the local rule on the scorecard and there was no mention of these newly planted trees.  I think it should be a free...
Thanks to all those who provided suggestion. I found a local ad for a set of Bridgestone J33 CB, they were all in mint condition, the clubs looked so good with the thin top line and traditional design so I bit the bullet and bought them for $200.  Went to the range and they were great, I was able to adjust to them just after a few swings and hit all my target with each club.  I can't wait to use them on a course this weekend.  Thanks again.
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out
Thanks for your suggestion, but I've never been a fan of Callaway because of the thick topline, I feel very uncomfortable with any club having a thick top line, it's also the reason why I lost interest in the AP1 as soon as I address the ball, the topline was more bulky than I expected.  Not sure why but I'm much more comfortable when addressing the ball with a thin top line club, I've only played 3 sets of clubs in the last 17 years, all have thin topline.  I don't...