or Connect

Posts by bhp1404

"For the record i have hit both of these clubs many times, i just dont have them in my bag because there is not much of an advantage to have a MB blade higher than an 8 iron. There is only so much Titleist and Nike can do do differentiate in such a compact design. The only ones that would feel and possibly perform differently are Scratch Blades (1018 Carbon Steel) or maybe a custom Muira Forged iron."   That was post #6, do your research before you make statements.
I have hit about 100 balls with each of these clubs, like I am saying for the 2nd time. If that doesnt count as playing then obviously you dont want a honest opinion. You came here for help, which is what i was trying to do, and i gave you facts and experiences to prove the only differences are looks and perception. Again you said "you know the difference" which you clearly dont because you wouldnt ask for our opinions if you did or even if there was a difference between...
Im not trying to argue with you, but there is only one difference between the Titleist MB 710 and the Nike VR Blades and that is the groove pattern of the Nikes, there is more grooves on the face. I have Nikes with the same groove pattern and it doesnt feel any different than any other iron. They are both chrome, they have the same loft, same 1025 steel, and same design. Well the 6 iron lie angle on the Nike is 62.5 instead of 62, if that is the deal breaker between the...
Obviously you dont care about the few people who give you accurate information and you also dont understand why people are grilling you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw-sJ37AutE There is no difference other than look and perception. Some of the comments were a little over the line but you kind of set them up for it. Watch the video and you will see that we were right.
I am not sure if it would acutally make a difference, i just thought if there was one club that would feel and perform different it would be a club made from a softer 1018 steel. And as for Muira, they are just really high quality irons. These were just educated guesses, not factual.
For the record i have hit both of these clubs many times, i just dont have them in my bag because there is not much of an advantage to have a MB blade higher than an 8 iron. There is only so much Titleist and Nike can do do differentiate in such a compact design. The only ones that would feel and possibly perform differently are Scratch Blades (1018 Carbon Steel) or maybe a custom Muira Forged iron.
Those 2 clubs are pretty much the same thing. You probably wouldnt notice a difference performance wise, so it is pretty much up to what you like standing over. I know the MB 712 is a satin finish, which is probably the best looking iron on the market but i dont know if the 710 is chrome or not. I love the satin finishes over the chrome ( my preference). I dont know your iron set up but i wouldnt get MB long irons no matter how good you are. There is no advantage.
Where ever you go to get a fitting make sure you hit off a lie board to make sure you actually need 2* flat. Just because you are 5-6 doesnt mean you automatically need it flattened. Like i said earlier i am 5-5 and i have standard. It is based on more on your swing path than your height. With S3 and any other cast club you cant just bend tthem as much as you want. If you get 2* flat then realize that is not right, it is risky to bend it again, because the metal will...
Did the fitter have you hit off a lie board or did he just base it off your height? I am like 5-5 and i have standard length and lie. Yes lie does vary with some manufacuters. I think mizuno is 1* flatter than others. Lie is not as important with woods and hybrids unless you are a better player. It is not recommended to bend cast clubs anywhere other than the manufacturer for warranty purposes.   Getting clubs cut down will affect the flex of the club by making it a...
Those distances are normal, its about what i hit. Also brand probably wont affect distance, but could affect spin and feel. If you get a cavity back wedge, like one that comes in an iron set, then that could affect distance.