or Connect

Posts by bhp1404

Taylormade Burner 2.0, Callaway Razr, Ping G15, Cobra S3. These are all good and pretty cheap. They are all easy to hit and great beginner irons. For drivers, you want to get something relatively new because technology has changed so much. Taylormade Burner and Callaway Octane or Diablo are good and cheap as well. The driver is more important than irons, so i would spend a little more time getting fitted for the right driver but still take time on the irons. Try...
I have the Combo's and i couldnt disagree with you more. Yes they have a smaller head, but they are still surprisingly forgiving. The sweet spot is probably bigger than the MP 59, i have hit the MP 59 many times and they dont have that same "mizuno feel" because of that gold weight in the back. They feel great but i dont think significantly better than the Nike. The long irons with the pocket cavity are also surprisingly forgiving. I am not even that good of a ball...
I am always a fan of a person upgrading to better players clubs, but as an 18 hcp, im not sure it is the best idea. Unless there are alot of dings, scratches, and the grooves are worn down i dont think getting new irons will lower your hcp by 8. You said yourself that your swing isnt right, so getting new clubs wont magically fix it. I would fix your swing then at that point decide if you want new clubs or not.   As for you club choices, there is a pretty big range...
If you are happy with your game, and you can do all the shots you want then there is nothing wrong with the irons. If you feel like you have hit a wall and want a little more out of irons, then maybe look at new irons. I dont think you are "losing" anything with MX 100. If you do decide to get new irons, dont expect your hcp to just go down.
Justin Rose -3 Lee Westwood -3 Mahan -3
What ever you do you have to get a steel shaft. Your swing speed is way too high for a graphite shaft, especially regular. I might be wrong but a carry of 180 doesnt seem like a lot for a 102 mph swing. I carry 170 with a 85 mph swing. Maybe the whip of the graphite shaft affected your ball striking. You definately need a Stiff or X-Stiff shaft.   Driver wise you should look at Ping i20. It is probably the best low spin driver on the market and you can get it in a...
A scam? Really? Just because it's a stupid club that they legally can sell you doesnt make it a scam. I dont like them either but its not a scam. Saying this makes real scams, which happen alot with golf, look pointless.
They are all great clubs and all do pretty much the same thing. The burners and the S3 max might have stronger lofts, but that might be the only difference. The Nike Pro Cavity probably has the thinnest topline. I know someone who has these and he thinks they are great. They are progressive so they are a little thicker in the long irons and a little smaller in the short irons.
It seems like you have the skills to work the ball, so you probably could work any club. Most new forgiving irons are, like you said, built to go long and straight. The shaft is probably more important to getting trajectory you would like. With the skills you have you would be better off getting a players cavity in the short irons (TM MC, AP2, MP 59) and maybe the burners or S3 in the long irons. You would be doing yourself a disservice having the short irons in such a...
I guess what i was referring to was sometimes people say i need a "gi" or "sgi" and they end up limiting themselves to categories either created by the hotlist or MPF. I also dont really like the MPF because something is just not right about it. Ex: R11 iron has 508 and AP2 has 504 and Nike Ignite has 314. MPF is based on playability which doesnt really mean much because R11 and AP2 are completely different clubs and how is an Ignite at 314. Most if not all amatuer...