or Connect

Posts by bhp1404

It depends on the condition of both (grips, grooves, scratches). In general they are pretty much the same club. The burners are black and probably would wear a little faster. Also the burners lofts are probably a little stronger, but im not 100% on that one. Its probably a pretty even trade but i wouldnt just trade my clubs unless i didnt like them. If you like the callaways better then you should do it, but if you think they are the same, dont bother with the switch.
I am not a big fan of the terms "sgi" and "gi" because there is not really a difference and there is no standard for what "sgi" and "gi" are. My philosophy for clubs is that anybody CAN hit any club but NOT everyone SHOULD hit any club. It seems like you like AP1 and those are very easy to hit and are very good clubs. However, there is no club that will make you more consistent. Usually clubs that are easier to hit just mask problems like hitting off the toe. When you go...
What do you mean by transition? AP1 is a great club but i dont think you would be transitioning to anything you would just be getting a club thats really easy to hit. If you want to transition to a better players iron you could try AP2 or even a combo of AP1 and AP2. I always suggest Nike Pro Combo CB which has a pocket cavity in the long irons and a smaller cavity in the 6-pw. I am a 13 hcp and have no problem hitting these. Also if you get AP1 you should just get the...
X 22 is probably one of the safest choices you can have with irons. They are easy to hit and usually on the cheaper side. They wont feel like blades but they are solid clubs. If your looking for more of a "players" club but still want forgiveness, you have to look at Nike Pro Combos. I am a 13 hcp and i have no problem hitting these. The long irons have a small cavity that really helps get the ball up in the air. I just got them a month ago and they had a deal where you...
I have the Nike Pro Combo Cb's. The pocket cavity in the 3,4,5 irons make it so easy to hit. Im a 13 hcp with ok ball striking and i have no problem with these clubs. I also got a great deal with Nike. They added $100 to a trade in and gave me a free VR Pro wedge. I got $999 worth of clubs for $720. Also try the Taylormade MC, they were going to be my 2nd choice. Super soft feel and very easy to hit.
One day you should just go to the range and take ONE of your wedges, either the vokey or razr x, NOT BOTH, and just hit it until you can hit that club anywhere from your max distance to a chip. It is a skill that most golfers should have to be able to hit one club many distances. I hit my 56 bladed wedge 100yds for a full swing and use 1/2 and 3/4 swings inside 100yds and i also chip with it. But i also use my 52 bladed wedge for 115 and sometimes for even below 100...
Try Callway pre owned, they have alot of high quality used clubs. The Razr line is really good and there is a club for everyperson. AP1 is great but i wouldnt say $999 great, but you are a titleist guy so you are in a different mindset. Ping G15, G20, i15, i20 are also really good.
Start with a driver. There is more help in new drivers than any other club. Try ebay or a used section in golf store and find a nice name brand driver. I dont know what your budget is but you should be able to find one for less than 150. Also steel shafts are very normal. Just be ready to dish out some money when you decide to take golf seriously, it is a really expensive sport.
You should also try a bunch of shafts. The shaft makes a HUGE difference on whether the ball goes high or low. The only negative is that most after market shafts are very expensive. Just something to think about.
The i20 driver would help produce a lower ball flight but it is not as forgiving as your R5 or a G20. I have read that it is one of the best performing drivers on the market but it is not for everyone. As a 17-20 hcp with a medium swing speed there is no reason you shouldnt use the most forgiving driver there is. Try a G20, Nike VRS, or Callaway Razr Black, you cannot go wrong with any of these. Even pros are using more forgiving drivers. Of course if you hit the i20 and...