or Connect

Posts by Dinoma

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/dinoma/round/113083   Greens had been punched so putting was a bit of a lottery, but I still let it get to my head and leaked even more putts than conditions warranted. Woes with Driver continued and need serious fixing. Threw in two or three 'disaster' shots. Other than that a gradual improvement with the long clubs than I've been playing of late, albeit on possibly the easiest course I play.
 This is true, but if I am waiting on the 18th to pitch onto the green as the group in front finish, I feel I have done my bit to keep up with play. Its irrelevant how I got there. I understand this, but its the voice of a golfer talking. Too many people would give up before they even got to the course following this strategy. As odd as it is, its the improvement over 18 real holes that kept me coming back for more punishment, along with the enjoyment of a morning out with...
@FarawayFairways great analysis in your post.   As a Euro fan *ducks for cover* I think that the first batch of picks comes out slightly in USA's favour. I think there are some really intelligent picks from Tom Watson in there. However, I'd say that we have to remember that the Ryder cup is a special beast and for some reason it changes the golfers into different players, so ignore everything you read; forget predictions, tuck into the golf feast that is upon us and...
 Agreed, and I think as much as we might argue otherwise it is expensive to start up. I played Rugby for 20 years before I took up golf and all I needed to provide was a pair of boots at roughly the same price as a pair of golf shoes. Sure we can have cheap rounds, buy cheap gear and hit cheap balls, but it is not a cheap sport to get into. Definitely. For me this was the number one problem when I started golf. Just how do you get to a level where you feel welcome on the...
The biggest strength is that all the data/info is there.  The biggest weakness is that it's not fully presented.   Understandably but sadly they are busy adding thing like challenges when I think your average user who picks GameGolf up wants stats and information/feedback on their game.
URL: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/dinoma username: dinoma Real Name: Matt Buxton
 Interestingly this tied in with the shotzones for me, I actually hit the ball farther than I thought (not the standard 320 drives though :) ), but my mental picture of how far I hit the ball was tempered by my bad hits, at my handicap the bad hits are probably in the 1 in 10 region. Using game golf I now have a much better idea of how far I hit my standard shots.  I'd say that the GPS isn't quite there yet, its a great device, but I still find there is 5 mins of editing...
I was an early purchaser of Game Golf, and I love it. I now tap in as second nature (about 20 rounds in with it) and the part that some people complain about, the post round editing, I sadly enjoy, and have also got down to a 2-3 minute job.   My only frustration is what @iacas mentioned about the relative lack of stats, given that the information is clearly in the system. I was fully pumped when they added the analysis tab with the club off tee and approach shots, that...
The yearly fee was mooted when they first did their kickstarter I think, but I can confirm that there is no yearly fee to use this product or the stats pages.
Spot on, its not possible to reconcile thos sort of info within GameGolf at this time Yes its done on a webpage - takes me about 10 mins after each round, moving a few shots a few feet etc depending on the quality of the gps signal. Also changing the odd putter hot to be off green o it doesn't affect putting stats. All pretty intuitive and harmless in my opinion.