or Connect

Posts by Dinoma

URL: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/dinoma username: dinoma Real Name: Matt Buxton
 Interestingly this tied in with the shotzones for me, I actually hit the ball farther than I thought (not the standard 320 drives though :) ), but my mental picture of how far I hit the ball was tempered by my bad hits, at my handicap the bad hits are probably in the 1 in 10 region. Using game golf I now have a much better idea of how far I hit my standard shots.  I'd say that the GPS isn't quite there yet, its a great device, but I still find there is 5 mins of editing...
I was an early purchaser of Game Golf, and I love it. I now tap in as second nature (about 20 rounds in with it) and the part that some people complain about, the post round editing, I sadly enjoy, and have also got down to a 2-3 minute job.   My only frustration is what @iacas mentioned about the relative lack of stats, given that the information is clearly in the system. I was fully pumped when they added the analysis tab with the club off tee and approach shots, that...
The yearly fee was mooted when they first did their kickstarter I think, but I can confirm that there is no yearly fee to use this product or the stats pages.
Spot on, its not possible to reconcile thos sort of info within GameGolf at this time Yes its done on a webpage - takes me about 10 mins after each round, moving a few shots a few feet etc depending on the quality of the gps signal. Also changing the odd putter hot to be off green o it doesn't affect putting stats. All pretty intuitive and harmless in my opinion.
For those of you thinking of using this for shot zones, bear in mind that at the moment you will only be able to map tee shots and approach shots with it. Agreed that is most of our shots on an average par 3 and 4, but you will miss a few shots here and there.    Secondly it will only give shot zones relative to the centre of the green and the centre of the fairway so you could hit the ball exactly where you want but be put 20 yards to the left/right on the stat...
I did my shot zones on a trackman at a range near where I live. was very easy to get the info required, there seemed to be a problem with the total distance on the one I was on so I've got carry distance in there.   I put all the info in excel to get a visual of what they look like then manually drew some zones around them. I've attached the excel file in case anyone else finds it useful as a recording tool. You can download from this link...
1) Correct   2) You are supposed to go back to where you played the ball from and hit another plus take a penalty. In social rounds if I lose a ball unexpectedly such as you did then I will drop by the loss area and take a 2 shot penalty, just to keep the speed of play up. Worth checking with your playing partners that they are happy with this approach though since it is a rule breach.
Firstly thanks for prompt international shipping to the UK.   I've rattled through my first read over the weekend. Lots of great information in the book, I'm happy since it backs up a lot of my theories in the game (get near the hole asap & get on the green asap), and puts so much flesh on these bones, I've got a lot to consider. First thing I did was hire some trackman time and set to work on my shotzones (which were inevitably bigger than I thought ;) ).    I'm going...
 I agree with this to a degree, and i can't see the accuracy of on course gps being able to do that kind of accuracy in the next few years. It really is a tool for those who enjoy stats and don't mind tinkering after a round. If you find that a bore and irritant then this is not for you. As a guideline, it takes me around 10 mins to update my round and post the final details on getting home.  You get a vibration much like a mobile phone as well as a quiet beep. None of my...