or Connect

Posts by CraiginKSA

Getting so mad that clubs get thrown etc. is counterproductive and unhealthy.  I literally had the point driven home one day.  I was having a horrible round until i came to 17, an uphill par 5 into the wind.  I crushed a drive, laid up perfectly and had a wedge at the perfect distance.  I thought maybe i'll hit it close and salvage something out of this round.   Didn't happen.  Laid the sod over it.  i took a swing at the cart with my wedge.  The wedge wrapped around the...
Retire and do what?  Design golf courses?  Tiger doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who works well with others.  He's arrogant and can barely stand walking from green to tee box while actively ignoring the rabble who come and see him play.  I can't imagine him sitting in a design office all day talking about moving dirt around and where to put the railroad ties.   He's only 39.  Not old for a golfer.  Tom Watson came within a bad bounce of winning the Open at 59!  I...
One time at our weekly scramble I brought my bag full of $1 garage sale putters.  Every team got to pick one putter for the team and use that for the scramble.  The teams actually putted very well leaving all their high dollar two-ball Odysseys, Methods, SC's etc. in the bag!   Sometimes you can find some nice bags and balls, but this is the first time I found a club that was actually worth something.
So the wife and I are checking out the stalls at the Girl Scout "Boot Sale" (flea market for all us 'Muricans).  I see this old Callaway bag.  I walk by it a couple of times before finally unzipping the rain hood.  Inside is a set of Callaway irons, woods, and A SCOTTY CAMERON DEL MAR PUTTER!   I ask the lady if she'll just sell the putter, but she says it's a set.  So I ask how much for the lot and she says, "100 riyals!" ($25).  Note: this is Saudi Arabia. So I'm now...
This thread has some great posts.  But the bottom line is there is a difference between a dream and a fantasy.  How many "actresses", "actors" and "directors" are writing their name upside down in crayon as part of the wait staff at some Macaroni Grill in southern California?  How many high school ballers are out there practicing their jumper and working their crossover at the expense of their education?   This whole professional athlete as a goal is not realistic. ...
I fly radio controlled planes.  So this guy shows up to the field with a really beautiful plane.  We are all admiring it and asking questions.  He says he built it himself from a kit, but he still had probably 200 hours into it.  We ask him if he's ever flown before and he says yes, he's a pilot.  We try to tell him it's not the same.  He insists that don't worry, he's got this.  So, predictably, he throttles up, makes it to the end of the runway, flips the plane over and...
This didn't happen at a biker bar, or a crack house or a cock fight. It was some joker saving a stall for his wife at a driving range. He decided to become a knucklehead and verbally abuse someone who was clearly packing up and leaving so Mr Whipped could hit his balls with the missus right by his side.All of a sudden everyone on this board thinks the guy is strapped or could be John Bones Jones, so you better leave him alone or it could get ugly!Whatever. I've never been...
Apparently, Phil McNonads didn't like my post. Guess he's "turn the other cheek" guy. IOW, a victim.
 The escalating to physical violence is not the answer, totally agree.  But here's from the original post:  He got up in the guy's face, yelled F you and walked away.  So I think that's addressing a bad situation and then leaving well enough alone.  (admitedly, an F bomb doesn't raise the dialog out of the gutter).  Thankfully the wife wasn't there to see it.  Then all bets are off.  You never want to rip a guy's manhood in front of their wife or kids.  That's unforgivable...
I agree with the Hammer. Some guy says, "go F yourself" with no good cause and you just take it like a little bitch?  I don't think so.  You have to address that immediately.   There were no punches thrown, no physical contact, no subsequent escalation.  It just ended up with the stall saving prick wetting himself.  Maybe he'll figure out a way to get along next time instead of talking trash that he can't back up.  Aslo, it's a driving range stall, not a tee time at...