or Connect

Posts by CraiginKSA

I fly radio controlled planes.  So this guy shows up to the field with a really beautiful plane.  We are all admiring it and asking questions.  He says he built it himself from a kit, but he still had probably 200 hours into it.  We ask him if he's ever flown before and he says yes, he's a pilot.  We try to tell him it's not the same.  He insists that don't worry, he's got this.  So, predictably, he throttles up, makes it to the end of the runway, flips the plane over and...
This didn't happen at a biker bar, or a crack house or a cock fight. It was some joker saving a stall for his wife at a driving range. He decided to become a knucklehead and verbally abuse someone who was clearly packing up and leaving so Mr Whipped could hit his balls with the missus right by his side.All of a sudden everyone on this board thinks the guy is strapped or could be John Bones Jones, so you better leave him alone or it could get ugly!Whatever. I've never been...
Apparently, Phil McNonads didn't like my post. Guess he's "turn the other cheek" guy. IOW, a victim.
 The escalating to physical violence is not the answer, totally agree.  But here's from the original post:  He got up in the guy's face, yelled F you and walked away.  So I think that's addressing a bad situation and then leaving well enough alone.  (admitedly, an F bomb doesn't raise the dialog out of the gutter).  Thankfully the wife wasn't there to see it.  Then all bets are off.  You never want to rip a guy's manhood in front of their wife or kids.  That's unforgivable...
I agree with the Hammer. Some guy says, "go F yourself" with no good cause and you just take it like a little bitch?  I don't think so.  You have to address that immediately.   There were no punches thrown, no physical contact, no subsequent escalation.  It just ended up with the stall saving prick wetting himself.  Maybe he'll figure out a way to get along next time instead of talking trash that he can't back up.  Aslo, it's a driving range stall, not a tee time at...
I went to school with a guy who ran track.  I met his mom one day and she insisted that her son ran the mile in 3:35.  i told her you surely mean 4:35 (still fast for high school).  She insisted that no, she was there and 3:35 was his time.  I told her that's not possible because the world record (at the time) was 3:52.  So he just lowered the world record time by 17 seconds and no one knows about it?!?  How come i didn't see this on CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox, ESPN and on the...
 Slice, I did specify.  I cited the two PHd's who were investigating the sport fishing possibilities in American Samoa.  Those are the ones I resent.  And Dan is working this same type of con.  Getting paid for doing nothing of value. Newtogolf said it better. Keeping the grant money flowing just to keep from getting a real job.
Not as dedicated or as smart as Dan?!?  Speak for yourself.  I'm an engineer, not some marketing dork.  I'm a lot smarter and make a more money than Dan. You're probably really impressed with the grifter.  He's a fake and anyone who contributes to his nonsense is a fool.   I don't do scientific studies.  I do actual projects that benefit people's lives - LNG plants in North Africa, refinery expansions in Canada, Nuclear Power plants and ULSD plants all over the US,...
There are two types of people who I really resent:   1.) The guy who wants to accomplish something and get you to pay for it. 2.) The scientist who wants to study something and gets you to pay for it.   The first guy is like the amputee or diabetic or blind guy who wants to climb Mount Everest, or walk to the North Pole.  He's going to "raise awareness" of the disability and inspire everyone etc.  But really he's just looking to have an adventure for free.   The...
I think Yogi Berra said it best - "90 per cent of this game is half mental". Of course he was talking about baseball.