or Connect

Posts by CraiginKSA

The front nine has lights, so we play in the evening as well.
The Rolling Hills Golf Club is one of the nicest courses I've played on (damning with faint praise as I mostly play munis).  The course opened in 2006, I believe.  It is inside the Aramco camp in Dhahran and is for Aramco members and guests.  There are a few tournaments every year where people from all over the Middle East come and play (if they can get a visa!).   The course was originally approved by management due to a genius problem solver who noted that the camp...
Abu3baid,   Can you explain the 3baid?  I assume that's your son, but it's kind of cryptic.  How long were you in the Kingdom?  Did you ever get a chance to play at Rolling Hills (Aramco golf course).  I'm 4 years into it so far. It's such a great course, but difficult (73.5/137 from the blues).
I don't ever need to see Will Lowery again.  The show is already going to be good now that Mammory Blackwelder is back!
Who are "they?" Australian Name?  The name stuck because that's what the cup has been called since 1851. The competition was orignally a race around the Isle of Wight.  It was won by the Yacht America. The cup was named after the Yacht period. There is no confusion except for your strange version of history.  Everyone that follows the race knows that it was named after the yacht, not the United States of America.
 It's got nothing to do with the US winning it every year for a hundred years or so (the NY Yacht club pretty much made sure of that).  The cup was named after the yacht America.
Tiger reminds me of the once dominant power pitcher in baseball who has lost a few MPH off his fastball.  Where he once used to overpower courses and his competitors, now he can no longer reach back and hit that amazing shot.  So he has to reinvent himself as a junk ball pitcher, going with a knuckleball, off-speed stuff, thumbing it up there trying to get it in the hole.  As his body could no longer withstand that violent, whipping action, he's going to what, the fourth...
We don't know these guys.  No one can say for sure.  For every Pro-am guy that loved playing with Phil, there's a locker room attendant that didn't get his hand shook, or didn't get a good morning, so Phil's an a-hole.  All these rumors about gambling, womanizing, fake smile, kids running out on the green after the victories...  It's all conjecture and speculation (except for the gambling, we know he does that).   Is Rory fake becuase his mom hugged him on 18 after he...
My daughter had just taken up golf and was visiting when I got her into our weekly scramble.  On one of the par 5's she lipped out about a 40 foot eagle putt.  She was such a beginner she could barely hit it 100 yards, but that was a really fun moment.   And that's the point of a scramble.  They're a lot of fun and they put beginners and high (really high) hanidcappers in positions that they would normally never experience.  Scrambles are not "real" golf, but you still...
  No skill factor in it? Lethargic game of luck?  What, are we out there with blindfolds on?  I play in a weekly Monday night scramble, 6-8 foursomes, and fully half of the golfers have a lower handicap than your 18.  6 under won it last week - for 9 holes.  How lucky was that? I'm sure when you get together with your regular foursome for "around" of golf - you know, Ben Hogan, Bobby Jones, Old Tom Morris, and Hardballs - it's serious business.  But that's not the only way...