or Connect

Posts by CraiginKSA

There will never be a tournament at Pine Valley - PGA or LPGA.  No facilities, no spectator areas, no parking, no nothing.  Just the number one course in the world carved out of the forest.
These pros need to have a "time-to-go" guy.  It could be a caddy or relative or whoever.  They could carry around a fake radio and have a hat that said "Staff" or "Tournament Official" or something.  Then, when the line got too long, or the pro just had enough, the guy could step in and say, "they need you in the booth!" or "you'll miss your flight" or anything to get the pro away from the fans without hurting someone's feelings.
It was Lee Trevino who said (and I'm paraphrasing) "Tour pressure is nothing. Real pressure is playing for $10 with $5 in your pocket."
 I broke my ring finger swinging a club in some deep rough when i hit a buried rock.  Had to withdraw from the tournament.  It never did heal right.  Now I can't get my wedding ring on and off.  Tiger is lucky he didn't really jack up his hand or wrist!
Regarding predictions, Moxie Dawn was the only one who had Justin Rose (-10) as a first choice.  So that was strong.  navykip has Spieth at -14.   So those choices are looking pretty good right about now for the grips.
That's a bold and inspired prediction that you made right there. If Tiger can tie the tournament record, tie the lowest round ever shot in a major since Ol' Tom Morris invented majors, then he'll be right back in this thing.Also, if a frog had wings and my aunt had a package. Tiger's lowest round ever in competition was a 61 back in 2000 when he was the GOAT. And that weren't at no major.Here's a prediction - Tiger will not shoot 63 or 64 either Saturday or Sunday.
Hoffman looking strong at -5. Had a feeling about him. Took him with my third choice. No chance he'll finish, but right now really solid.
We stopped having long drive in our league because only a few guys could win it.  It was usually between me and about 4 or 5 other guys.  And it was usually whichever one of us hit the fairway.  That left out about 95 percent of the field.   It was always the same hole (straight away) and always whoever moved the long drive pole the furthest, write your name, last name wins.  Now we just have the 4 closest to the pin which everyone has a chance to win.
I know that they used to give a show-up fee.  It was $5,000 awhile ago.  Not sure how much it is now.  Who wouldn't want to go to Augusta, get paid, have a round of golf on one of the world's best courses and have everyone tell you how it was great when you won it all those years ago?  Maybe if they did away with that, some of the past champs would skip it.   I still think it doesn't detract from the tournament.  All the old-timer hacking is forgotten come sunday...
Here is the list of past champions expected to play in 2015:  Bubba Watson, Adam Scott, Charl Schwartzel, Phil Mickelson, Angel Cabrera, Trevor Immelman, Zach Johnson, Tiger Woods, Mike Weir, Vijay Singh, Jose Maria Olazabal, Mark O'Meara, Ben Crenshaw (last masters for Ben), Bernhard Langer, Fred Couples, Ian Woosnam, Sandy Lyle, Larry Mize, Tom Watson.   Which one of these guys are we having a problem with?  If they get too old and start hacking it around, just pair...