or Connect

Posts by adh241

F#*K!  Every golfer has said that one.
 East coast of North Island.  Has a sister course (Kauri Cliffs) in the north of the North Island (Bay of Islands).  Both owned by US businessman Julian Robertson.  Hoping to get to play Kauri Cliffs at some point but would absolutely kill for another hit at Cape Kidnappers, kind of spoiled my 1st round by being ridiculously hung-over. 
Cape Kidnappers (New Zealand) a couple of years ago.  $215 (off season price for locals).  Worth every cent and more:   Got it on a perfect day, no wind.  Service was incredible, condition of course was beyond exceptional.  Group of lads on a week long golf trip prior to a wedding.  Stopped after 9 for food & beers (only about 2 to 3 other groups on the course that day).   Tough course but an awesome experience.
I currently use Titleist AP2 (710) irons.  They are near the end of their life & I have the itch for a new set of irons.   I've read a lot about the "soft" feel of the Mizuno MP64s. I've had a couple of sessions at the range with an MP64 (6 iron) & really wanted to like them.  If they had been as good as all the reviews suggest I would probably have a set on the way from Mizuno right now.   Problem is, they felt ok, but certainly no better than my current AP2's....
Rangefinder was the catalyst for me getting to know what my distances are, particularly wedges.  I was a terrible wedge player, always air mailing greens ( I have poor depth perception).  I carry 4 wedges & knowing the distances exactly now lets me hit plenty of greens.  I also read Dave Pelz short game bible - didnt quite go to the extremes he advocates but settled for somewhere in between.
+ 1.  Scott for my money played consistently the best.  Acknowledged he didnt win though.  Pity, I doubt theres a nicer guy out there.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions;...
How many weeks did Norman sit at #1?  I think he could justifiably claim to have been the dominant player of his period.  I dont subscribe to the theory that winning majors is the be all and end all of judging a players career.  Plenty of no names have won majors.  Will they be remembered as great because of that?  Nope.  But no, I dont think Tiger is intimidated by Rory.  The ego wouldnt allow it.
Mate I would say find a good pro & invest in some lessons.  Acknowledge that 1 lesson wont be a cure all, get a lesson, work on what you're taught & when you feel comfortable with that change its time to head back for the next lesson.  Get the building blocks right & better scores will follow.
Actually, to be fair and accurate, I did earlier state "forged ie bladed".  My apologies for that, I do know better & that forged does NOT mean a club is a blade.  My original point, not very well illustrated, is that I do not believe Titleist have engaged in false or misleading advertising re the AP2s.