or Connect

Posts by Sighbot

Thanks for the advice.  I will try to find an instructor in my area with video to see what is really going on.    The wrist c o c k release you mention brings up a good point.  I have been progressively getting more and more aggressive with this on my irons which has yielded good results with them and I have started take divots on the correct spots (I think so anyways, about an inch or less after ball contact) more consistently getting more distance and higher ball...
Around March I started playing after a 10 year break from the game. Since then I am now on my 3rd driver and in the market for a 4th.  I was hoping to get something that will grow with me to avoid having to replace it in another 2-3 months as this is starting to become a trend. Here is the progession of what I had and why I replaced it.   Driver 1: Nike SQ Dymo Str8-fit, 8.5° loft and extra stiff shaft. Came with a used club set I purchased on craigslist for $100...
94, par 71 from middle tees.     I was happy with it but kinda screwed myself over as I walked up to the 18th tee box.  I added my score up and saw that I had a solid shot at topping 90 for the first time.  I usually par 18 but not this time.  Tee shot in the water, then 4th in the water again and ended up with a 9 on a par 4...  I usually bogey that hole.   I just started playing this season and that was the first time I kept score over a full round....
2004 Audi S4, manual.  This is an older pic from right after I got it but it's still in the same condition.      
I almost always wear cargo shorts along with a collared short sleeve athletic shirt because they keep me cool on those hot days and the extra pocket are nice.  I have never heard anyone complain about my shorts.  Granted, I am without the means to pay an expensive membership fee at any respectable country club so I am limited to the regular pay as you play type courses.     Personally, if someone approached me and told me my shorts were inappropriate golf attire and...
I have had my Ogio Ozone XX for a few months now and love it.  Light, very stable, loads of features and comfortable.   I also really like how the score card, pen sleeve, ball mark tool and water bottle are all easily accessible while walking with it.  
I just started playing on a weekly basis this season and I usually play by myself on my lunch break.  Since I am not very good, I mainly focus on what I did hole by hole rather than how I actually scored which has been giving me a better grasp on how I am improving week by week.  Because of this, general rules of the game and golfer etiquette haven't been an issue.   This weekend I went down to the course to play a twilight round and there was a two-some that started...
Thanks for the reply.  I'll take them out for a round or two next week and see if they even need adjusted.   I got ordered from GolfDiscount.com.     http://www.golfdiscount.com/cleveland-cg16-black-pearl-irons   They have an instant rebate marking them down to $424 and there is a sale they are doing right now for another 15% off.  I wasn't sure if the rebate and discount would stack but they did.  Also free shipping so after everything the total bill was...
I had been meaning to replace my current old set of Titleist DCI Oversized+ irons and was planning on getting fitted in a month or so.  Today I came across a great deal on a new set of Cleveland CG16's in the Black Pearl finish and couldn't pass it up.   Since I ordered online rather than buying from a local pro shop, should I still be able to get fitted for them?  Are the shaft lengths all they adjust when fitting a player for clubs?
I am a structural engineer.     Went to school at the Missouri University of Science and Technology, formerly named the University of Missouri - Rolla.