or Connect

Posts by Dave2512

Best ribs I ever smoked I let sit in the fridge overnight slathered in Beano's Sub Sandwich oil. Not sure why I thought of it but for a while I was smoking every weekend. Probably going to smoke some corned beef for T-Giving.
So easy yet so few amateurs do it.
What I find strange is at some places you can't wear a pair of $200 jeans and sit in the dining room but nobody would cast a second glance if you had on some black Dickies you bought at Walmart for $20. My experience is those that can afford to join a club typically dress pretty conservatively. I doubt loosening the dress code is going to lead to rampant instances of cut-offs and flip-flops.   Personally I don't like jeans, don't think the material is comfortable, just...
V3 Jolt was a game changer for me. First time out I was surprised how vague my GPS numbers were relative to where the flag is on the green. I don't necessarily fire at flags but there were wide variances. Could be inside the 150 and be more than 150 from the flag. Typically didn't do anything with par 3's until I got the V3. I am certain I was choosing the wrong club on those. If the tee markers were near the yardage marker I grabbed club X. Soon learned 165 markers didn't...
Already 55 so I am definitely golfing. Took a few practice swings in the office, haven't touched a club since early Oct. Feels pretty good if the course is still half decent I can't see any reason I won't score well for me. Would like to keep it to 6-7 over.
Marshals typically have a copy of the tee sheet. They know what time you started and where you should be on the course because they cross reference tee time with the POP. At some of courses I play you are approached by the marshal and he asks what your tee time was. If you are slow he tells you to pick it up if you are ahead he mentions it.
Not about making them faster but getting them out of the way and eliminating the delay. I'm sure it's a last resort. The two times I saw disabled carts they were between the 5th and 6th hole. It's the corner of the course on stretch where there is significant travel between holes where carts moving around wouldn't disrupt play. My guess is the ranger came out and made them roll out to the 8th tee when their time slot was supposed to be there because 6 and 7 play across a...
I think it's just a silly tradition that golf/clubs have failed to get away from. But it's because they don't want to get away from it and I understand that. Akin to uniforms at private schools. More about the culture at the time golf started to become popular than anything. When I look at old pictures of my parents I don't see them in denim regularly until late 60's early 70's. Even when I was a kid denim wasn't that popular amongst older generations. I don't think people...
My biz partner showed up for the second day in a row sick. Coughing and gagging all over the office. We share two pc's between three people when he is here and me and the office asst. are spraying Lysol all over the place. Twice I asked him if he needed to be here, he doesn't, usually works offsite or from home. Through the asst. lunch break he sat and looked at baseball crap on the pc she uses. She gets back and he sits and talks to a friend on the phone about baseball...
I fought in organized smoker fights and a few tough man contests for prizes. I never feel inclined to physically challenge or intimidate some random member of the public for anything. If someone gets in my face I am going to walk away. Fighting or getting snippy on the course or anywhere is silly.