or Connect

Posts by Dave2512

Yep but IMO without positive impact to the health and attitude of the US team. Most felt RM/SG lost the first match and PM/KB stole it. A point is a point but it didn't indicate they had what it took to replicate their Medinah success. If anything by the end of Fri their afternoon loss hurt more than the morning point because of the way it happened. And I'm not sure beating the weakest on the Euro squad is a significant contribution. That's a gimme.
My guess is this is the passive aggressive part. What he really meant was he wasn't invested in the captain. He wasn't alone there. Even the media was mutinous after he sat JS/PR. Probably has something to do with riding the pine on Sat after he and Bradley played like ass on Fri afternoon.
Yes and his response wasn't all that scathing either.
I say yes but he should have called out Bubba Watson as well as a few others on the team. It was very winnable and they let it slip through their fingers. The biggest gaffe was sitting JS/PR on Fri afternoon. Not only because they were hot but because after winning the AM session they had momentum. Then after he was fried by the media Fri night he went total 180 and got weird with the pairs he sent out on Sat.   But Phil needs to look in the mirror and point the finger...
I think too much is being made of the strength of the Euro team. Sergio and Rory didn't curb stomp anyone and it's not like Westwood, Gallacher, Bjorn, and Donaldson strike fear in the hearts of people. There were plenty of chances the US team didn't take advantage of. There were some bad decisions and there was definitely some bad golf. Right up to Sat afternoon I felt the US should be leading and in control. But I think some of the problems started before the matches,...
I get it. Point is leading up to the RC there was a lot of talk about KB/PM being the engine of the team. It appeared KB was picked specifically because of this. I am certain they wanted to play better but the media made it sound like it was destiny.Despite gettingthe point on RM/SG it felt like RM/SG lost more than KB/PM won. Wasn't a dagger to the heart or anything. It's just golf, it happens, can't be marvelous all the time. But I feel KB was a wasted pick based...
With no positive impact. Got lucky Rory/Sergio were flat on Fri and not much of a rally to beat Gallacher, probably the weakest of the Euro squad. That should happen most every time. I'd be surprised if Phil feels like that is a feather in his cap.
The only golfers I see that hit the ball consistently well are college team guys, low single digit golfers and some local teaching pros. The 4 handicap and up golfers I know simply know how to manage their miss and hit that miss well enough to still have a chance. I make ugly pars all the time. Just yesterday I thinned a 5 iron from 190 that rolled about 70 yards and hit the green at the perfect angle before stopping 15 feet from the hole. Honestly had I hit it well...
I see a lot of blaming Watson but I think it's the wrong one. Bubba going 0-3 was bad. Phil played bad by his standards despite bailing on the BMW to prep. The US picks weren't in form but two seem to have been chosen specifically to complete a pair and it didn't work. KB and PM flat out stunk and Webb contrbuted zero, dead weight if anything. Much has been said about the strength of the Euro team but their bottom tier guys outplayed better US players.IMO Tom Watson looked...
38/40 not the prerttiest 78 I've shot but I got it done when I needed to.