or Connect

Posts by Dave2512

Blast Driveway really like it. Going to be a game changer because I will ditch the driver and 3w. Last night I got to 47 yards in front of the green hitting it twice on a 566 yard par 5. Easy birdie. I average about 15 yards less than my driver but that includes all the shots off the deck which are slightly shorter. I get about 280ish out of decent strikes off a tee and 260ish off the deck. Flight is a little lower off the tuff but that's a me not the club. I caught a...
Handicap on dashboard is pretty slick. Hoping they expand the stats soon.   I have 11 rounds posted it's been eye opening. I average 1 club shorter than I thought. Not unexpected basically my best shots happen infrequently so average club performance is a bunch of mishits. But I can see exactly what I intended to do when I edit each round. That 157 yard 5 iron that left me pitching from 35 yard yeah that was supposed to fly 190ish. My misses are short and right of the...
Nope as in deep seeded ignorance not deep seated proper.
I expect this response from you. As the self appointed TST regulator it is par. You cast more stones than anyone I have ever ecountered. I am never sure if it is deep seeded angst or a strange form of auto-affirmation.
I consider it potential vs reality. In controlled situations, the range, you will perform better. When you see pros on the range hitting near perfect shot after shot they don't always go out and do it on the course. For hacks the margin or error is more. Your on course averages are your reality if you carry 20 yards less in playing conditions you should expect that to be the norm. There has never been a standard for range averages because it's too controlled. Look at the...
The variances in the averages is more what I was getting at. Because unless you are very skilled you aren't carrying the ball the same distance with every shot either. Because of that and golfer's tendencies to overestimate I think charts like that are useless. You can't take Trackman on the course easily but something like GG can give golfers a dose of reality. I am certain when I get enough shots logged my total averages will be less than I think they are.
Maybe more golfers will be realistic if using Game Golf, Arccos and whatever else comes around becomes popular. Won't be a guess anymore. Just looking at GG profiles only the better golfers have consistent gaps if they have enough rounds posted to show a pattern. I've seen a bunch of guys where their average starts declining when the irons get longer than 7 or so.
In a perfect world it would be pretty close. But I've said this before I am all over the place with every club until I get to the putter, Game Golf confirmed it. I think you have to get to a point of consistency only elite golfers get to before it rings true. On the range with FlightScope I am pretty consistent but it's perfect lies, no pressure and easy targets. On the course it all goes out the window. The difference between my best drive and worst on any day is about...
I still don't care. I don't get the LCD's propensity for rubber-necking and taking pleasure in another's misfortune, self caused or not. If his life is that messed up he needs help not ridicule.