or Connect

Posts by Dave2512

Nope as in deep seeded ignorance not deep seated proper.
I expect this response from you. As the self appointed TST regulator it is par. You cast more stones than anyone I have ever ecountered. I am never sure if it is deep seeded angst or a strange form of auto-affirmation.
I consider it potential vs reality. In controlled situations, the range, you will perform better. When you see pros on the range hitting near perfect shot after shot they don't always go out and do it on the course. For hacks the margin or error is more. Your on course averages are your reality if you carry 20 yards less in playing conditions you should expect that to be the norm. There has never been a standard for range averages because it's too controlled. Look at the...
The variances in the averages is more what I was getting at. Because unless you are very skilled you aren't carrying the ball the same distance with every shot either. Because of that and golfer's tendencies to overestimate I think charts like that are useless. You can't take Trackman on the course easily but something like GG can give golfers a dose of reality. I am certain when I get enough shots logged my total averages will be less than I think they are.
Maybe more golfers will be realistic if using Game Golf, Arccos and whatever else comes around becomes popular. Won't be a guess anymore. Just looking at GG profiles only the better golfers have consistent gaps if they have enough rounds posted to show a pattern. I've seen a bunch of guys where their average starts declining when the irons get longer than 7 or so.
In a perfect world it would be pretty close. But I've said this before I am all over the place with every club until I get to the putter, Game Golf confirmed it. I think you have to get to a point of consistency only elite golfers get to before it rings true. On the range with FlightScope I am pretty consistent but it's perfect lies, no pressure and easy targets. On the course it all goes out the window. The difference between my best drive and worst on any day is about...
I still don't care. I don't get the LCD's propensity for rubber-necking and taking pleasure in another's misfortune, self caused or not. If his life is that messed up he needs help not ridicule.
Really a different thread and OT here but I only play one course with a 248 yard par 3. That is the very back tees at 7435 yards. The course recommends a handicap of 4 or less to play back there. But distance would be of great importance through the entire course. It's rare to find a course with just long par 3's. The rest of the course would be unplayable for anyone but those that enjoy torture. At any rate the thread isn't about what tees to play but most should play...
I've tried fixed height tees before, someone gave me a set of brush tees. Thing I didn't like besides the after shot tee search was having to shuffle tees. At the course I play most I only hit driver 8-9 times. With a fixed height tee I'd use three different tees on the first three holes. Not a huge inconvenience but I usually use the same tee for an entire round or longer. Just keep one in the pocket and go. Besides depending on wind conditions and how a hole is laid out...
My step-dad is 66 and in good shape he can hit it pretty far. We play the same tees most days, he's good to about 6500 until par 4's get over the 420 range. He plays 15ish golf and his reason for being stuck there is he doesn't practice and has horrific mechanics. He changes things about a dozen times a year because someone gives him a tip. Everything from his setup to putting alignment is whacked but he stills plays half decent most days. If he spent just a little time...