or Connect

Posts by hesitantly

After trying all the yellow balls I could find, I've settled on the Hex Chrome.
Thanks for the reply, Tom; I was starting to feel invisible.    Yeah, 60s and early 70s was when the F-85 Olds platform was in use, so that sounds about right.   
For many years now, I've used Master Grip's Dynagrip Elite glove.  It was used by Hale Irwin winning the open in about '90. It's a very thin, soft cabretta leather, with no "button" ball marker, and has elastic across the knuckles. For 13.95, you get two gloves. Lasts me many rounds.  They were out of my size last time I ordered, so I got the 11.95 Dynagrip ones - they are crap.  They also have a Techgrip for 13.95 (for 2), which are OK, but I think the Elite is more...
I have an old box of Wilson balls that has "Custom Made", and F-85.  I think these were precursors to today's "logo" balls.  (Wilson told me they never made a ball by that name.) If anybody here has been playing for 50 years, or so, maybe you can remember when "logo" balls became prevalent?  I couldn't find an answer with Google.
Old-guy's Tuesday morning league. We had 5 on my team today, none of whom could putt.  Started on hole 16, par 3 - hit a lousy shot. 17, par 4, hit a lousy shot or two.  Hole 18 par 4, used my good drive in the center, 147 yards out.  4 lousy shots. AND THEN, I summoned up all the luck I had for the day, and holed out a 7 iron!!!  EAGLE.  We shot a mediocre 6 under, but won a skin on that hole - $27 each.  Only +5 bucks for the day, but that feeling was priceless!  I've...
!ecitcarP .... er, I mean Practice!  Left or right has no bearing on it.  
I've been looking for one reasonably priced ball to use, and really like the yellow ones.  It has to be long enough off the tee, and has to spin and stop on the green. Going by the chart in the May issue of GD, I've tried DT-Solo, NXT Tour S, Q-Star, Z-Star, and even some white MaxFli U/2, and TF D2 Feel. The Z-Star is the only one of those with enough spin off a wedge to suit me, but it's expensive.  Long story short, I have found the ball I will be using for some time...
In my golfing neighborhood, neither term ever comes up.
I just tried the MaxFli U/2 a couple of days ago, and I liked it, except for the clicky sound off the putter.  It spins okay, but still not enough to suit me, so next I'm trying the Z Star.  I practiced putting/chipping/pitching with it today, and so far, so good.  I love Srixon's yellow color.  Just noticed today, that the Hex Chrome now comes in yellow, also.  I might try that one next, since it's a bit cheaper than the Z Star (normally), and spins about the same,...
I have for sale, an old box of balls, the source of which I do not remember.  They are labeled "Wilson" and "Custom Made".  I contacted Wilson and they claimed they never made a ball called the "F-85".  I'm sure that is probably correct, so my deduction is that these balls were custom made by them (like today's 'logo' balls) in the 60's or 70's, for some company related to the Oldsmobile automobile; their base model car platform was called "F-85".  The balls are unused,...