or Connect

Posts by Moxie Dawn

This whole door-holding question comes up now and again, and I don't get it. I've never been insulted in any way if a man holds the door for me. But that might be because I also return that courtesy to others, for example, a mother with children in tow, and especially my elders, male or female. I also say "sir" and "ma'am" to virtually everyone, regardless of their age. All this is called having good manners and treating people with kindness. It doesn't insinuate...
 That's always the trouble, isn't it? There is something in us that thinks if we want to change some things, everything has to go. I don't think that's the case. Above your post, I outlined many of the "guy" things my parents taught me to do by myself and for myself. What wasn't on the list? I've never changed my own tire. Not once have I had a flat that a man didn't stop to change it for me. I always assure them that I can do it, but when they say no, I stand aside and...
Story. This is about girls doing "guy" stuff.   Couple weeks ago my mother called me on a Saturday morning, and said, "What are you doing?" Whenever I hear that question I know I'm about to be doing something I don't want to do. The last time it was to help her find my grandmother's teeth. Mamaw has dementia and puts her teeth in strange places. But two weeks ago it was, "I need you to come over here and hand me tools while I go under the house and jack up the floor." My...
As the only girl in the thread so far, I don't think Abu's post was so terribly offensive. I just think he stopped short of asking the question, "why?" Because, historically speaking, he's correct. Men have always been better than women at everything. So, why is that? My argument is that throughout our existence, men have always been pushed and encouraged and even required to do things, explore and discover, invent, etc. I think we've tended to look at the physical...
Nice video, iacas. It's Always (ha!) a good idea to remember that our words sometimes carry meaning that we don't intend.  I don't disagree. I can remember in college in a literature class when my favorite professor (a man) said that we would not be reading any female writers from the particular time period because they weren't up to snuff. The reason? Because they just weren't as educated as men, nor had the same varied life experiences as men from which to draw their...
Are you freaking kidding me? We got enough people? OMG, I gave up, my sister has been over here and I couldn't make her leave, show up and see I have drafted ROBERT GRIFFIN THE THIRD? Freaking splinter knees???? He's the last QB I would have taken! FML. And to think, I could be having extra curricular activities with a muscular roofer!    I need a beer.
Well I blame Zip for all of it.
Body like Brad Pitt, I might add. But what do I care about? FOOTBALL. 
What about the guys who don't often participate in the sports forum. Would it be totally out of place to post somewehere else for them to check?   Listen, gents, I was just asked out on a date tonight, but because we have a draft scheduled, I declined the offer. That's where my priorities are. What is everyone else's excuse??!!?!??!?
 We're not disagreeing. That's why I lament the inconsitency we've seen over the years in the administering of fines and suspensions. As for Josh Gordon, it isn't so much the penalty I protest versus the test itself. The World Anti-Doping Agency is the organization that set the 15 ng/L threshold. They have since changed that threshold to 150 ng/L. I blame the NFLPA for not amending their agreement to reflect the new standards. But Josh's "positive" test was inconclusive at...