or Connect

Posts by Moxie Dawn

Without a doubt it is more fun when you can do something or show a sign of improvement. Anything is like that. But I don't know if you can just force someone to like it. It is tempting to want someone to love the thing you love, but it just isn't for everyone. It's been hard for me to accept that nobody I know wants to talk about the NFL draft and how my team made three trades in the first round and ended up with Manziel. They might indulge me to talk about it for a few...
I did enjoy it! Not necessarily completely from the "game" aspect, but from many things. Golf courses are so serene and lovely. The atmosphere is wonderful. And now that I know I'm not expected to be any good or to be some kind of "lady", it makes it even better. And I do have to say, when you hit a ball well, you know it. And it's awesome!
I want to work in the golf industry too. My dream is to be the beverage cart girl at Crandon.
One thing I can say about actually playing golf (sorta) for the first time is that my impressions of the game are different. A couple years ago when I was visiting this forum there was a thread that talked about how you can get more people into the game, and dispelling some negative impressions people have is a good start. So let's go over those negatives and I can tell you how my experience erased them.   1. Golf is only for rich people. OK, well Zip volunteers as a...
Well sure. You have to understand that someone is either a golfer or not. But I have always felt that if you care for someone or love someone, you MUST care at least a little for their passion. You must. It is a part of their soul. If you love them, then you must give at least a passing consideration for what fires them. Now for you boys? Yes, you must consider that your lady might have a strong passion for the flowers in the yard. The fruit trees. Some particular hand bag...
Lol, you boys...
I would suggest this. 1. Get her a Sunday set. Women who aren't golfers are not interested in a giant bag of clubs. It's too many. 2. Trade interests. I realize your company alone should be all the incentive she needs, but sometimes a trade is in order. How long have you been begging out of that wine-and-painting thing that is all the rage now? Trade. 3. If she does well, give her a prize. Not golf related. Now you have given her every reason to give golf a truly fair...
Oh, I know you don't have to be good. We were playing with one fellow who sometimes hit the ball well and sometimes...no. There were holes he just gave up on. But I know he was still playing golf and loving it out there, so nothing wrong with that. The other guy we played with was a caddy and those kids are just smart. Cute too. I must say, for any ladies reading, there isn't a caddy at Crandon who isn't a little hottie.
So, went down to Miami to visit Zip. We played at Crandon. Now, when I say we "played," what I mean is that we were in a foursome and the boys actually played nine and I only played a bit and drove the cart because I'm not actually a golfer. I do own clubs, but that's a story of its own. We also hit the driving range a bit first. I must say, when I actually hit the ball I hit it pretty well. I mean, for a novice who was only using a six iron. I suck at putting, but we'll...
  He said he thought I would whiff? Miss it altogether. So he probably didn't want to embarrass me. However, I "toed" the ball, he said, with the front of the club head (or whatever you call it), but it did get airborne and managed to hit water. Now I want to know what I can do right-handed.