or Connect

Posts by djbarnes

Sorry, it's now sold.     --Donnie
Okay, bear with me here...I've got a good friend who, like me, doesn't know much about golf.  He inherited a WWII era elephant skin golf bag, and was on his way with it and a pile of other stuff to Goodwill when he decided to hang on to it and look and see if it was "worth anything."  What he found was that they are indeed very rare (probably for obvious reasons) and he's found comments about them being very valuable (like anywhere from $2,000 to $14,000), but nothing...
Yes, it's still available.  On the questions:   1. Not completely sure. I bought it used about ten years ago, and I think it was about five years old then. 2. No, it works fine. 3. No, I don't. Since it's not as simple as a software upgrade (you get a new PC, too), I haven't done it. 4. It has optical detectors in the floor.  I have a complete spare set, too. 5. I have no idea, I've never used Foresight. 6. I don't.  A wild guess would be about $1,000...
It's still in operation (fully setup), and the link in my first post above has pictures (you can click them for higher res versions).  Note that there's a big sun-spot bleeding through from a window that wasn't fully covered BEHIND the screen.  That's easily avoidable, we just had some cardboard fall that opened up the window.   I'll ship it, you'll just have to pay me something reasonable to build a wooden crate (or a couple) for it so that it makes it safely, since...
Still available, and it's in Chapel Hill, NC (sorry, not used to forums that don't show your location by default).  I can break it down and do some kind of palleting so it can be shipped, but it'll cost a little extra, and shipping won't be cheap or easy since there are some VERY long poles when you are talking about shipping.  But we can build a wooden crate for it if you're willing to pay for that.     --Donnie
  Have you got a point to make?  I'm sure the biggest part of the problem is few people have room for something like this.  The other problem is I need a buyer pretty close, most likely, because shipping is such a bear.  When you buy from DSG, part of the hefty price tag is in them driving it to your place and setting it up for you.  When I bought it I got it used and it wasn't set up.  But I figured it out just fine, and now have it marked well for re-assembly and can...
Price drop: $3500!     --Donnie  
  Err, there are some women golfers with those same stats, too.  Or are you on the side that golf isn't a sport, either?!?   I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can argue on one hand that golf *is* a sport, and then argue that driving a race car *isn't.*   Both take incredible amounts of coordination, some amount of endurance, and a lot of mental toughness.  If you seriously play golf and believe golf is a sport, but do not believe driving a race car is a...
You can get a good idea of what it is, albeit with earlier software, here:   http://www.deadsolidgolf.com/   You get swing information *and* ball information, and it will simulate a "real" round of golf, although the putting is obviously not very interesting.   I'm actually pretty sure new DSG simulators and the comparable ones are $50k, but got too lazy to confirm that and I know $40k is a safe number.     --Donnie
  I agree about his spotty past, but there aren't many reasons why he'd lie under oath about this, either.  And no, athlete's do NOT get many injections outside of a doctor's office, anyway.  Especially not from some guy with a little black bag in a hotel room who isn't any kind of doctor.     --Donnie