or Connect

Posts by Fearlessgolfer

I've read similar discussion resulting from SAM PuttLab info such as this. Thanks! I know an instructor who has SAM PuttLab and Edel who advocates a ball position further forward than just ahead of the bottom of the arc. I wonder.....   Does anyone have more info on the data when the greens are slower than 10 on Stimp?
Golfjunky, Since coming off a year and half layoff, I've went to check out the latest and newest equipment, especially drivers at Golfsmith and Edwin Watts. According to their launch monitor, I have 101 & 106 mph. When asked the technician, they both told me it's "fairly" accurate compared to the Trackman. The end result though is that I ended up keeping my old TM Burner TP 10.5 since the carry and the total distance were about the same.   The other day, I chatted with...
Yup, me too when playing. I use "look and shoot" once I go through my preliminaries. :)
I have incorporated Trackman data into my golf playing, which means that I will not fight to push draw, but rather understand the ball flight laws and D-Plane better which will aid to hit push draws and push fades in most of the irons and straight or even power fade the driver.   I still need to work on #4 which is getting my arms down faster, especially my right arm to the delivery position aka P6/A6. Enhance my technique of using bounce more into chipping,...
Understanding the new(?) ball flight law and trackman data on hitting down vs. hitting up pre/post impact has brought this to chew on. So, here I am wanting to discuss with you. As you know, with any club when hitting down, although it is different on the degrees +/-, ball goes out, away from the baseline, where as when hitting up, after the passing the low-point, the club/the putter is travelling in vs. out, although very minute.   So, when we put the ball back,...
I partly agree that we should all use constant acceleration profile in our putting aka pendulum like stroke regardless whether we use shoulders, obliques and or hands/arms. However, when we putt short/medium down hill putts, most likely we take it back shorter and longer on the follower through vs. up hill putts are opposite when measured, imho. In addition, on longer putts when swung/putt on a pendulum like method, there are shorter length follow through compared to...
I have played golf over 25 years and have tried many different putting strokes. And from my personal experience and from observation, long putts should be more flowing, (armsy & wristy if needed be) and athletic and less mechanical vs. short putts should be shorter back and through with firmer wrists.   For the long putts, I like Ben Crenshaw, Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Brad Faxon, and as Stan Utley teaches; open to close and an arc. For the short putts, I like...
I've hit 13 out of 14 fairways during my play yesterday. During the play, I've hit e6 a couple of times after hitting the Pro V1,  which is the ball I have played the most in the past several years. Over the holidays, a friend caught a sale of Pro V1 where I ended up getting two dozen, so I have been playing the Pro V1 lately.   All being equal, e6 were about 10 - 15 yards longer off the tee, about same distances off the irons, and bit less spin than V1, but if you...
Passive to me, means that when body is the leader and the hand and arm follows, where as active arm swing, body reacts to hand/arm motion. Dog waggles the tail image worked well for me when I was a body swingers/turner. When my shot pattern became bigger fade/slice, I ended up seeing McLean which agreed that too much body can be a very bad thing and gave me "L-to-L" drill. From there ended up seeing Bender who is also CF arm teacher. Transition wasn't fun at all.
Hi dmigolfer84,   You have been playing golf for 7 years, read books, watched videos and spend a lots of time at the range, yet still at mid 90's to lower 100's? You also have the passion and competitive yet with two kids, you are probably limited with time to practice, no?   It is obvious that you want to play better like all golfers. However, you are not quite sure if you should take a plunge and get a lesson or two? Well, why don't you look up TGM's basic motion,...