or Connect

Posts by JimMurphy99

I don't know if I necessarily agree with this.  I think it serves its purpose but the only way to really improve is to do it in a "live" environment.  While hitting into a net maybe able to help with working on certain techniques the reality is that most of us at one time or another do hit that perfect shot.  It is about trying to replicate that shot over and over again.  But almost more importantly it is imperative to be able to hit it consistently and while actually on...
I have done that to some extent already - predominantly in the Myrtle Beach area.  And have managed to get some clubs for a test drive...But often the range of clubs is not particularly good. And in reality few ranges/pro shops let you really test a model for any length of time
Absoultely the tape would make a huge difference... Just think of the impact of a few millimeters of water on a road when you are driving.  You'd think there would be no effect but try braking hard... I really think the tape thing is a waste of time and I don't ever bother trying when I see that...   But as always very keen to see where the best option for demo'ing clubs is.  I hate having to buy a new driver on reviews alone and demos are often so contrived.  If...
A pretty common problem I feel that occurs throughout sport and in the everyday world. Production, Quality Control etc. all have an impact.  Same reason that some ski boots fit you better even though they are all supposed to be the same size etc. Have a similar frustration that the latest drivers all promise so much but it is difficult to make the choice and even when I have demo'd several versions of the same model they are never all quite the same...
Agree but I just find that you need to be a member of that particular club and then it really comes down to whether they have enough of a range to actually get to try out a number of models.
I've found that demo days are probably the best way to try and select a driver.  Hitting into a net no matter what the technology is so contrived and I just think that having the flexibility to try out a club in a real environment is the way to go... Interested that some ranges allow you to take away the club for a few rounds - definitely the best way to go about it BUT I have never come across that opportunity before.  Interested to get your views on how you select?...
Every year we get inundated with multiple driver models from the top manufacturers and selecting/upgrading is becoming more of a challenge.  I've tried the demo days but often find it difficult to compare due to the "contrived" environment...maybe it is just me but interested to hear from others.  I mean go to any of the reviews and most of the top drivers and manufacturers have 4/5 star reviews and the "reviews" are often "generic" so how to really make a...