or Connect

Posts by garybbq

In certain cases yes it does, your average 100 shooter when paired up with a scratch player is going to be very nervous. Now if you make him play by strict rules, not allowed to pick up, hitting a few off each T etc. etc. he is going to feel all eyes are on him and he is holding things up, which may or may not be true. 
Why don't you try and keep score for everyone in the group. You could try something like "I have this new golf app on my phone and I want to try it out, ill keep score" you could even show off some of the new "features" of the app "we are currently all tied.... however after that triple bogie Dad is behind by 1".   Then what can he possibly say after the round when your scores don't match up?
I still don't get how he can't come up with money for lessons, I'm sure any instructor would help him out with 10 mins here and there for a reasonable price.
So his plan is to be a PGA player and he doesn't have $400 a month for lessons ........
I don't understand how Dan can't afford instruction, I mean I would think 1 hour a week would be enough until he gets his index down low. So what does an average 1 hour session run? $100? So he can't afford $400 a month?
So.... He plays about 5 rounds a week and warms up for 30 mins before and then hits the range after for 30 mins.?
Well I am definitely not a pro but I have .02   I think the grip you are using is too weak for your swing, it looks like you are trying to square up the club with your hands/arms and not rotation, this causes you to not get much turn in your back swing and have the chicken wing wrap around finish. It sounds funny but if you tried a much stronger grip I would bet you get a better turn and opposite to what you might think the ball wont hook.   Its gonna feel strange but...
YYes but he is not scratch now, that is my point.
We'll I guess I find this strange, why would anyone who wants a legit handicap count gimmes etc.....
We'll yes I don't believe his handicap I'm just saying I don't think you need to play in tournaments to lower it, he should be able to get to legit scratch without playing tournament golf