or Connect

Posts by dreichert

Nicklaus was Left eye dominant.
Playing with the lead arm as the dominant arm or being cross dominant is a major advantage and on reviewing this subject I have found that many tour pros present and past played this way. Am reading book on Moe Norman arguably the best ball striker ever and he was a lefty playing right handed. Nicklaus was cross dominant as he was left eye dominant. I think that the reason for this is that the forward arm must define the radius or arc of the swing. In other words it is...
Ludicrous?  Since you have no intelligent responses to the statements I made in the previous post you must cover up this fact by calling them ludicrous.   If you begin to straighten the right arm early in the downswing you lose the lag which should be created in the downswing and lose a major power source.   I can't look up anything about the tests because I don't believe they ever happened. Why waste my time.  This is another statement you pulled out of the air (to be...
I didn't say the right arm straightens at the top.  It starts to straighten just before impact and continues to straighten after impact until fully extended in the good player.   Its not a feel but the true mechanics of the swing.   What tests are you referring to?  I'm not aware of any such tests.  Can you cite a reference. When one uses the right arm at the start of the downswing it is likely to take over and the left arm can't maintain the correct arc.  As a...
  I said they were natural left handers or ambidextrous which would explain all of your autograph signers.  I have looked it up and you're still wrong.  I don't pull facts out of the air like you do.         Apparently you haven't bothered to do a google search on the "facts" in my first post because that is the source of these "facts"       Are you saying that modern tour pros are different from those from the past.  Now that REALLY makes sense.       You won't get...
  Any right handed golfer who can shoot sixty at his local club had a good  swing the first time he picked up a club most likely because he is left handed or ambidextrous.  He probably knows no more about swing mechanics than the average handicap golfer.  Why should he?  His swing was great when he started and learning and trying incorporate mechanics into the swing would most likely screw up his swing.  He probably doesn't know the correct mechanics of the swing and thus...
The right arm is passive in the swing until near impact and if the swing is being controlled by the left arm, the right arm can't chicken wing or get behind you.    That can only happen if the right arm takes control.   I had suspected that left arm control was an essential in the golf swing for many years but only became convinced of it when I quit taking golf lessons and tried to achieve left arm control on my own.  When I do it properly I hit only good shots and all of...
If you believe I am wrong why don't you provide some information to refute it instead of just throwing  insults at me. The person who has nothing to offer but insults is trying to cover up the fact that he  knows nothing about the subject under discussion.  It doesn't take any smarts to  insult another and only reflects badly on the person who does the insulting.   I'll listen to others when they have something intelligent to say and not just meaningless bullshit.   The...
Why don't you provide some information to refute to  what I've been saying instead of just trying to insult me, but hurling insults seems to be the goal of this forum.   Your second statement is patently false.  You provide no factual information to support the statement.  If you read my original post  you would find that I listed several tour pros who play right handed but are natural lefties or are ambidextrous.  It appears that you think any statement you make is...
Yes.  Low handicap players come in two forms.  Type one swings correctly the first time he/she picks up a club and breaks 70 within one to two years. This type of player will almost certainly be left handed (swinging righty) or  ambidextrous.  They get the swing right naturally but have no clue as to the correct mechanics and won't be good instructors.  Type two will start with a faulty swing (usually a right hander swinging right) but will play and practice enough to get...