or Connect

Posts by divot dave

Its my first summer golfing and I'm out with my brother in law, who, (for the sake of perspectvie) is directly related to a member of the golf hall of fame. So he's got some years over me and i'm out enjoying the round, learning some pointers. For whatever reason, he decided to wear sandals to the golf course that day, that and combined with a few beers throughout the course of the round, he tees up a shot on the back 9, takes a hard swipe at it, and totally misses...
 Holy cow, I'm doing the EXACT same thing... I don't want to thread jack, so can we pm about this? I'd like to pick your brain a little. 
recently, and you can even see it in this video... the direction of my iron shots have been pulls... usually drawing or straight... no slices thankfully. The distance I've gained in recent weeks has been pleasantly surprising, about a club and a half on 7-pw... so I'm not sure how much I want to avoid the pulling and just adjust my aim... lol
 The pump drill was going good... until I developed the shanks on my full swings... not blaming it on the drill, but it was so bad that literally more than 60% of my shots were hosel rockets. I became desperate and abandoned all drills to focus on not shanking...   I'm with you here, and have been working that back in occasionally, problem is... it was the knee flex that seemed to be the "fix" to the shanks... one practice session, I addressed the ball, knees really bent,...
My latest swing... fyi, I'm coming off one of the most severe cases of the shanks I could possibly imagine. I made changes at setup out of desperation and as of the last few weeks, I've been hitting the ball much better (less shanks). This swing is with my pw, and I'm working on my full swing getting forward shaft lean at impact and also engaging my lower body more throughout the down swing. One of the consequences of the improved impact is a slight pull, but consistent...
great find... 
Interesting... I don't know why I was of a different impression, but good to hear none-the-less
I second that notion... I'm busting my ass and spending a lot more time and money than I'd care to admit to my wife -  trying to drop from bogey golf to single digits.  But... I hope @David in FL is right... 
Perhaps I'm late to the party on this revelation but I'm watching the School of Golf right now and they had a section called "right or rubbish" with a  question regarding the club face vs club path being the primary influence on the starting path of the ball...    To my surprise, Martin identified the old school thought of club path being the main influence as "rubbish"... I say its a surprise because I previously thought he was an ambassador of the old ball flight...
I started hitting balls a a driving range in the month of March a few years ago... By the end of that summer I was breaking 100 pretty regularly.