or Connect

Posts by divot dave

For some odd reason I was playing the back tees and reached a par 3, 210 (ish) yard hole where the majority of the hole carries over water. I hit a hybrid and stepped on it a little bit and of course, I caught it thin... But it came off the club face dead straight and sizzling about 4 feet off the ground and into the water she goes... but much to my surprise, it was skip - skip - skip - skip and back out of the water, settling in a small patch of fairway about 30 or so...
 It was 10.00 whether he hit the ball or not. Basically we were paying for the splash 
Last year the vast majority of scores were between 90 and 95 with 1 round > 100 and 1 round < 90.    This year I'd like to see the vast majority of my scores between 85 and 90 with outliers in the 70's and hopefully nothing above 95-97...   To accomplish this, I have three major points of emphasis...  1. Improve Key 3 inline impact which will improve the quality of ball striking.  2. Improve accuracy off the tee. I lose the majority of my strokes here.  3. Improve...
 He's in pretty bad shape here. Considering his tournament scores from last year... most in the mid to upper 80's, he's no where close to his goal at the 3000 hour mark much less the 6000 mark. His current handicap consists of a mixture of mostly casual rounds which he performs much better in as well as those tournament rounds where he does much worse. I'm inclined to look at his tournament scores as a better indicator of how he's doing since his ultimate goal is to end up...
 It sure does...ironically, the feel that I worked on after taking the video was to hit the ball with the back of my right hand... That swing thought alone altered a number of things: At address I setup with what felt like my head positioned "more behind" the ball my spine angle tilted just a little bit it felt as though my right hand was actively leading the club to the ball and smacking it with a descending "back hand" - i know that sounds weird but that's how the...
@iacas:    Quick update on my swing... I've been rehearsing the pump drill and spending most of my time at the range doing so. I took some video of it today but it came out like crap with the lighting. The video below was the only shot worth salvaging but it was a full swing. As you can see, I'm still not getting my hands close enough to the ball by the time I reach a6, but I worked on some different feels later on which improved the quality of ball contact drastically,...
working on the following:
 https://twitter.com/thedanplan/status/550049993462386688 don't get your hopes up
 The real question is what would that do to pace of play... the PGA would have to do a whole lot more than a "while we're young" ad... they'd have to start marketing speed pills to counteract the problem :-D
ahh... didn't know that... I stand corrected