or Connect

Posts by divot dave

no brainer, keep up the good work !
Update:    So its been almost a month since the injury first occurred. I had been playing it smart since then, resting, not swinging, but the pain wasn't going anywhere. It would subside for a day maybe, but then I would do something normal, like sneeze or cough, and it would flare right back up again.  So long story short, I figured, if every natural thing I do is going to keep this injury from healing on the fast track, I might as well start swinging the club again....
He caddied for Cheyenne Woods???? sweet mary mother of joseph... that's enough to reignite passion in the dead 
If I had to pick between Justin and Robert, I'd go with Justin... He's not as long of a hitter... but he strikes me as a better all around player. very close tho.  Clay's elimination round was surprisingly strong... almost like he has another gear for the pressure of elimination. When you hear him talk, it almost sounds like he relishes the opportunity, which to me sounds like someone who is mentally tough. I would prefer he not resort to mind games... that almost proves...
I bought a beginner set with bag and all when I started about four years ago. Here's my experience with them Irons: terrific, forgiving, durable and I used them till I regularly was playing bogey golf or better Driver/Woods/hybrids: not so much, used them for the first few months then bought used name brand driver/woods/hybrids which performed much much better. Putter: eh, not too shabby, used it for the first couple summers then bought a new one Bag: flimsy, wore it...
Update: Its been a week now since I realized the trouble i was in with this injury. I haven't taken so much as even a half swing since, but silly things keep re-aggravating the pain... like snow... we had our biggest snowfall of the year a few days ago and I had to shovel a bunch of snow from the driveway and sidewalk. Not good for healing! Also, sneezing... it sounds silly, but there's something about the expansion of the chest that occurs when sneezing that really causes...
Bump... This thread has really been a helpful read for me. I strained the muscles around my rib cage a few days ago... the discomfort was there but not really noticeable so I went back to taking full swings a couple days later. The pain became very noticeable after a few swings so I backed off and did not hit that many shots. Good thing because as I researched the injury, the link to this thread came up and from everyone's input, I've decided to just set the clubs down for...
Its my first summer golfing and I'm out with my brother in law, who, (for the sake of perspectvie) is directly related to a member of the golf hall of fame. So he's got some years over me and i'm out enjoying the round, learning some pointers. For whatever reason, he decided to wear sandals to the golf course that day, that and combined with a few beers throughout the course of the round, he tees up a shot on the back 9, takes a hard swipe at it, and totally misses...
 Holy cow, I'm doing the EXACT same thing... I don't want to thread jack, so can we pm about this? I'd like to pick your brain a little. 
recently, and you can even see it in this video... the direction of my iron shots have been pulls... usually drawing or straight... no slices thankfully. The distance I've gained in recent weeks has been pleasantly surprising, about a club and a half on 7-pw... so I'm not sure how much I want to avoid the pulling and just adjust my aim... lol