or Connect

Posts by pipergsm

This is very useful and comprehensive  information, thank you!   Off course I miss the read sometimes, but rarely from within 4 feet. Most of the time, when I miss a 3 or 4-footer, the ball will stop less than 1 foot past the hole (I use my own shoes for measuring, and they are just under 1 foot, very small, I know) I'm not very good with inches and stuff, but I think 6 inch is 1/2 foot, right? That is the approximate distance most of my balls will stop whenever I miss...
You could have a point there. I do indeed have a tendency of over-thinking things. However, I still believe I am not playing those bounce-outs too fast.   If you still think the same after watching the video, I'll believe you, but until that moment, excuse me for keeping on to my opinion!
iHack, you misunderstood what I wrote. I'm definitely not comparing my shots with the pros!   I just said that, When I watch other players, both in real life and on tv (PGA tournaments), putt the ball in the center of the hole (like I did, unless my sight is much worse than I think it is), at the same speed or even faster than I do, I don't see these balls bounce back out. I also said, it doesn't happen at every hole, but at certain holes at my local course (numbers 5 and...
Thank you for your understanding Shorty. This is the kind of constructional reaction I expect from more experienced golfers.   1    everyone else's put doesn't hit the back of the cup, that's why they fall!  Please check out the video I'll soon post and let me know what you think after watching the images! 2    trees don't stop me from making birdies off course, but maybe you're right on this point. Maybe I think too much in the sense of : it should have, it could...
I'm not sure what's actually happening, that's what I'm trying to find out. All I know is that, at several occasions, the ball reached the hole in the center (or as good as) and bounced back out. As mentioned before, I'll try to post a video of it soon, so you can see it for yourself. After studying the video, maybe you guys will be able to tell me what's really happening here.
1   yes, I have a high handicap, I never said anything else. 2   "not agreeing with something" and "not taking advice" or 2 completely different things.      I've taken lots of advice from this site, but I don't always agree with what is said, and I believe to have that right! 3   no, I'm not getting robbed and don't think I could be on tour, just trying to find out why a perfectly straight putt bounces back out (not talking about lipping out here).       Soon I'll post a...
         "As for the original topic - do you seriously think that you are seeing the laws of gravity and physics don't apply to you?           It's just getting beyond absurd."   What happens happens, and I'm not delusional.  Even the people I play with and saw it happen don't understand it.              "As for the original topic - do you seriously think that you are seeing the laws of gravity and physics don't apply to you?             It's just getting...
OK, I understand. Since the ball is really bouncing out and does not loop around the hole to come out, it might be that the insert has not been set correctly (or that I really hit it too fast). I will try to check it out and post a picture of the hole, maybe even a video of me playing the putt and the ball bouncing out (if it happens again off course). I know it happened at holes number 5 and 6, so it shouldn't be too difficult to reproduce those putts.
Got it, I missed the hole
OK, so what you're saying is that, if my ball bounces back out on that edge, it means I played the ball too fast, right?   I really want to believe that, it's just that I see many golfers putting those same kind of shots at the same speed or even faster than I do (real life and watching the PGA tournaments on tv), and those balls don't jump back out. I'm talking about straight shots here, where the ball hits the hole in the center or as good as.