or Connect

Posts by jerryleal

as always..Sergio is honest to himself in the moment ..for better or worse. I suspect that his reveals a side which is less than 'eye of the tiger-super competitive' something less than the killer instinct which we are used to seeing in winners-human?-absolutely! a positive?..it depends- it could just be enough of a difference to keep him from winning a major. Ultimately,I applaud the decision to be true to himself without regard to how it looks.
We have 4 majors, the Players (which many call the 5th major) the WGC events leading to an event with a 10 million dollar purse or a "race to Dubai" and an endless list of fancy titles...world series, world championship...!!!???     my point is that there is an attempt to have each and every event treated like a major, but there still are only 4 majors and the winner of one -----like Kaymer or Schwartzel or McDowell or Ouimet, immediately joins an elite group like no...
you'd probably be right..if i were playing the same courses that the pros do, but with the large soft greens of 'an easy municipal course' as I stated..it's not Herculean or Woodsian to hit a green from 180....'sorry- but to assume that you know my game better than I do is.."    " take your pick of adjectives.
I play in the low 80's on a fairly easy municipal course, in the summer, when I've been playing 3 or 4 times a week and am in a groove. I'm  a high school teacher with summers off. I'm 55 years old and have been playing seriously for 7 or 8 years. I've been playing around a little bit since I was a kid.  I usually hit a drive 250-270 fairly straight-I'll hit the fairway 3 out of 4, so I can save 1 or 2 strokes by driving straighter and avoiding the sideways shot. I...
Phil_the_Author: In the 1929 U.S. Open playoff at Winged Foot, both Jones and Espinoza reached the 12th hole, a 497-yard par-five in two. Hope that helps.
A club with little to no bounce helps.. a pitching wedge as opposed to a sand wedge- or better yet a bump and run with an 8 iron. An inside of the line hooking type of back swing with a low follow through- and although the temptation is to play the ball back in the stance to get the ball first-you have to be careful as this de-lofts the club- which you probably don't want to do -so keep the ball in the middle of the stance. A light grip as always, knees bent, weight...
The number of wins- even majors is not what matters most.There are way too many variables-the biggest being the quality of the competition- The questions are -who was a better golfer, who was a better competitor and ultimately who would win if they were both in their prime with the same equipment- and of course it can't be definitively stated -it's a matter of opinion. For what it's worth-Jack beat Hogan and Snead and Arnold and Trevino and Watson and MiIller- I think my...
Golf is some 600 years old with the USGA and the "Royal and Ancient..." as the ruling bodies- it's a damn shame when all of the tradition and honor of the game has to take a back seat to Television Money- and that's what this is really about. All of the rules in match play are designed to keep equity between the players in the match- if they're both slow-no-one has an advantage. If there's no-one behind them slowed down-who has been harmed?  Some companies decided that...