or Connect

Posts by Pa Pa Jack

I did not vote on this one. Due to surgery on my lower back and then on my neck, I have not been able to golf in about 7 years. I began hitting the range a little about 6 weeks ago and then began playing about 3 weeks ago. I will tell you that I got hold of Bobby Clampett's book "Impact Zone" because of the people on this site. I have been using his principals for about a month now. In the past I have always had issues with my irons going too high and relatively...
I wish I could help, but I've had the same problem with two of my older cousins. They got me started playing many years ago. They were not great golfers, but they were fair. I don't think either of them has played in years, but I have never broken 90 when playing with them. That may not sound too bad, but at one time I was a scratch golfer. They have told me many times that if it wasn't for other people, who have played with myself and them, telling them the scores I...
I've often wondered if anyone has tried using ear plugs while golfing. I grew up playing on public courses only and have found that almost nothing gets through to me when standing over a shot.  
Many, many years ago, I caddied a Chartiers Country Club just outside Pittsburgh. Our Pro was the legendary Bobby Cruickshank.   I got a chance to caddy for him a couple times and was amazed at how great he putted. I asked him about it and he stated that he was sure that we could all be better putters, but that some people will never be good putters. all the technique and practice can only help a lot of people to a certain point. There is a basic sense of rhythm,...
Congratulations, I can't imagine three like any of my sons, but I really think it's cool.  
As for the RC car, it was wrong to destroy it. I might have done the same thing though. I think the smart thing to do would have been to confiscate it and tell the punks that they can reclaim it at the Pro shop.   Let the club then take action for trespassing.
I guess I'm really a player that hates to look bad. I practice a lot. Not just at the range, I spend a lot of time out in the yard chipping into small targets. At one time I was a scratch golfer. Due to a serious back injury, I set the clubs aside for 20 years. I missed it every day. I can't think of many things that are more enjoyable than a purely struck shot. I love it. I enjoy being on the course, but I take my game seriously. I do not like mediocrity....
I guess we should go back to hickory shafts, non-perimeter weighted irons. persimmon woods and balata balls. All these things contribute to the so called demise of the older courses.   I don't remember anyone complaining when Jack was in his prime and busting 330 yard drives. The real problem is that when someone wants to build a new course, the cost for 7000 square foot greens and 7200 yard lengths is prohibitive.There are only about 100 courses in the U.S. that...
Yes, I would love that for free!  
I lived through Arnie's best years and throughout all of Jack's pro career. Jack IS the one that brought forth the idea that majors were HIS idea of how he would rate his career. Until that time, they were considered a bonus to a career and not the identifying determination.   I think Tiger is the best ever. If you stack up the competition of the time, the depth of the fields was nowhere near as strong during Jack's prime. I remember someone did some research about...