or Connect

Posts by DocParty

First of all you sir should be on the tour if this is the case and my hat is off to you for being able to break par with just about any reasonable set of clubs. I assume you play by PGA rules strictly? I believe fitting matters more to high handicappers and here is why. Low handicappers already have a fitted set of clubs. All pros, real-true-pros, have fitted sets and a couple of extra ones sitting in a vault 'just in case' theirs gets lost/stolen. Every year they go back...
If you have 20 minutes you can see what it will do, and yes it is a big difference. It just only seems trivial to someone that has no idea what it does. Here is what you do. I don't know what metal your cast irons are made of. But if a magnet will stick to the face of your club this will be easy for you. If not then you'll have to do a little more work. Maybe 2 minutes more of it. Get your magnet and glue a fireplace match to the center of it with a glue gun. You have to...
Golfsmith has been around for 40 plus years. It has brick and mortar outlets in Canada and the USA and is the company that started the component supply chain. Golf Galaxy started in 1997. A relative new comer. The many off shoots of different associations that claim to be a 'certified' or 'official' group of club fitters is simply not the case. There is no official club fitters group that is recognized world wide, nationwide or statewide. Go with whomever you feel...
As far as the distance from a 7 iron going 140, i can believe it. I'm disabled and with my 7 hybrid I'll get 125 90% of the time and it's always straight now that I'm doing the 9 to 3 swing and just letting the club do the job. I feel the same way, go past 9 on my backswing and I lose something, don't know what. I took a lesson 3 weeks ago and this is where the 9 to 3 swing started. It's been crappy weather here in Dallas, but this week I plan to go and take my second...
Well I might give this *&)(*^( sport up! Been out for maybe 60 rounds of golf over the past year and a half and putting through my 3h is fine. But when I put a driver or fairway wood in my hand I feel I should be in the senior's special olympics. Can't hit it straight to save my life. Absolutely horrible. Go to the range, it's not as bad but not worth taking to the course. Topped, hossell hits and mostly a hard push or a banana ball. Par 3 courses don't give me any...
I don't actually agree with your statement that if they were any good the pro's would move to them. They are sponsored, they play the clubs the sponsors provide and their set of clubs can run over $3000 without even thinking about it. They have their clubs tweaked every week/month depending on how they 'think' they are playing. Golf is a mind game as much as anything. Not trying to be offensive here at all. Everyone has a different approach and what works for one guy or...
I am certain all of you guys and gals are better, more experienced, and play a better game than I ever have or ever will. That being said, let me explain. I putt very well. I pitch very well. My irons, 5 thru 9, are very good. In fact I am told my short game is excellent for an old guy. Here is the rub I can't get past. Whether I use a driver, FW wood, or my 3-4 irons, I can't get them to go further than 180-190 yards. They are straight, but I can't get any distance. My...
Well it makes sense but doesn't help me. I'm stuck. I hit every one of my clubs WAY HIGH. Helps a lot on my wedges through my 5 hybrid, but, even my fairway woods and driver are scud missiles. They go straight but I think I'm getting so much back spin and that is the reason my ball climbs so high and then just drops. As i said, it helps with my 5 through wedges (I only hit my 5 hybrid 160, but it's on target) It's sad to hit a straight ball with a fairway wood or...
I'm old, 62, and disabled. I will never hit the ball like most of these guys here do. That's alright. If I can get 200 to 220 off the tee and those second shots on par fives, I'm happy. Yes I know this is very short for you bombers, but again, I'm old and disabled. I have been using hybrids for just about a full year, 7 through 2 irons and nothing else. No driver, no fairway woods. I also have for 2 months using the split grip or hockey grip to get a better feel for...
I've been using the split grip, not the 10 finger grip with hands touching, for 3 weeks regularly. I feel much more of the roll of the right hand at or just after contact and my shots fly high and straight. I don't have the distance you guys do since my physical condition limits me at my age, but, with the split grip I can really hit the ball 80% of the time straight and that's helped my scoring, if, at my age that is even important to me. I just enjoy golf, good or...