or Connect

Posts by DocParty

As far as the distance from a 7 iron going 140, i can believe it. I'm disabled and with my 7 hybrid I'll get 125 90% of the time and it's always straight now that I'm doing the 9 to 3 swing and just letting the club do the job. I feel the same way, go past 9 on my backswing and I lose something, don't know what. I took a lesson 3 weeks ago and this is where the 9 to 3 swing started. It's been crappy weather here in Dallas, but this week I plan to go and take my second...
Well I might give this *&)(*^( sport up! Been out for maybe 60 rounds of golf over the past year and a half and putting through my 3h is fine. But when I put a driver or fairway wood in my hand I feel I should be in the senior's special olympics. Can't hit it straight to save my life. Absolutely horrible. Go to the range, it's not as bad but not worth taking to the course. Topped, hossell hits and mostly a hard push or a banana ball. Par 3 courses don't give me any...
I don't actually agree with your statement that if they were any good the pro's would move to them. They are sponsored, they play the clubs the sponsors provide and their set of clubs can run over $3000 without even thinking about it. They have their clubs tweaked every week/month depending on how they 'think' they are playing. Golf is a mind game as much as anything. Not trying to be offensive here at all. Everyone has a different approach and what works for one guy or...
I am certain all of you guys and gals are better, more experienced, and play a better game than I ever have or ever will. That being said, let me explain. I putt very well. I pitch very well. My irons, 5 thru 9, are very good. In fact I am told my short game is excellent for an old guy. Here is the rub I can't get past. Whether I use a driver, FW wood, or my 3-4 irons, I can't get them to go further than 180-190 yards. They are straight, but I can't get any distance. My...
Well it makes sense but doesn't help me. I'm stuck. I hit every one of my clubs WAY HIGH. Helps a lot on my wedges through my 5 hybrid, but, even my fairway woods and driver are scud missiles. They go straight but I think I'm getting so much back spin and that is the reason my ball climbs so high and then just drops. As i said, it helps with my 5 through wedges (I only hit my 5 hybrid 160, but it's on target) It's sad to hit a straight ball with a fairway wood or...
I'm old, 62, and disabled. I will never hit the ball like most of these guys here do. That's alright. If I can get 200 to 220 off the tee and those second shots on par fives, I'm happy. Yes I know this is very short for you bombers, but again, I'm old and disabled. I have been using hybrids for just about a full year, 7 through 2 irons and nothing else. No driver, no fairway woods. I also have for 2 months using the split grip or hockey grip to get a better feel for...
I've been using the split grip, not the 10 finger grip with hands touching, for 3 weeks regularly. I feel much more of the roll of the right hand at or just after contact and my shots fly high and straight. I don't have the distance you guys do since my physical condition limits me at my age, but, with the split grip I can really hit the ball 80% of the time straight and that's helped my scoring, if, at my age that is even important to me. I just enjoy golf, good or...
These seem to be very realistic with what I see on the course if being in the fairway throughout a round of golf is a goal. I do drop off about 15 yards when getting to my 5 iron, it's always been a 150 yard shot and I could always count on it. My 8 only runs out to 120 and throughout my higher loft clubs ( 9 through my 3 wedges ) my yardage is 20 yards short of these. It's nice to see other golfers reporting what seems by most golf club pros and teaching...
It may not be orthodox in may persons eyes. But that's because of the nature of humans to always critique and challenge things, which is good, but over used. Criticism is useless unless the criticism provides a resolution to the issue being critiqued. Or so say psychologists and psychiatrists. If it, or anything, gives you or others a better end shot result, there is no reason, absolutely no reason for them to not use it. Period. Does it work? For some it does...
might be but this snap was felt/heard at the very top of my hip bone, that fan shaped looking bone. never hurt so to speak but it was a little sore like a bruise at the very top of that fan shaped looking bone. worried I pulled something loose but don't know what's there to pull loose, ligaments-tendons-? I've had a cracked bone at my elbow, and it's horribly painful, this was not much more than a bruised feeling. Doc