or Connect

Posts by drsagacity

I can't see the video you posted, was it this video?
 JK, I actually started doing this for my kids. My daughter especially would pick up the club with a weak left hand grip. Instead of telling her to rotate her left hand with no specific goal in mind, I combined the lesson on taking the grip with a lesson on working the ball. She now completely gets what it takes to hit curve the ball left or right. She just turned 7.
MVMac,   Myth 7 does not apply to DK's methodology when following his instruction correctly... as you can see in the picture, your body has stopped at the ball... not at the PowerPoint. If your focus is on hammering down and hitting the PowerPoint with max power, your body will not stop turning at the ball. That being said, I could see this as a concern for someone working on DK's technique. If you do not accelerate to the PowerPoint and you default back to the ball as...
Perfect. Here is a video of Shawn Clement describing the grip. You can see exactly what I am talking about in this video.  
Iacas and Earnest Jones,   It's amazing to me that we are talking about "right facing" in relation to the "target line", instead of "left facing" in relation to the swing path...but ok. There are two factors that will dictate ball flight. Club face and swing path.   To hit a draw, the clubface is facing BETWEEN 12-1, assuming that the target line is represented by the line from 6 to 12 and the swing path is represented by the line from 7-1.     Let me bring this back...
MVMac,   I guess I am not explaining things clearly enough. I am sorry. We are pretty much saying the same thing. There is no doubt that hitting a draw, the club face will be closed to the swing path (PowerPoint/intermediate target). To me once you select an intermediate target or PowerPoint, it's the only line that matters (it matters because it represents the swingpath). If you prefer to compare the clubface to the imaginary target line (not the swing path), it will be...
MVMac, you wrote, "~~I think "knuckles down" can be a useful feel but being concerned with the club face "closing" can send the clubhead low and LEFT. End up hitting pull cuts. If you mean closed to the path, that's fine, if you mean closed to the target, that could be an issue."   It's funny, I absolutely love DK's video where he talks about the issue of swinging, "low and left". He illustrates the move and says, in "golf instruction, it's referred to as being 'over the...
MVMac,   I just noticed part of your comment and thought I should also clarify, in no part of Darrell Klassen's teaching does he suggest that you roll your forearms to close the face. He says you hammer down with your left wrist. Maybe an easier way to describe it is hammer down and turn your knuckles down. This action causes a bowed left wrist as your wrist cannot hammer down and cup. With the correct grip, this hammer action causes the clubfaces to close... when...
Ricomania, I agree with you. It's funny. I have bought and read hundreds of golf books and while not nearly as many, I have bought and watched dozens of videos. Many of these items have been from "top" teachers. I am not saying anything wrong about any of them; however, at the end, following DK's simple swing method I am really getting great results. The weather just broke and after working on some drills Darrell suggested I hit the ball better in my first two outings this...
Iacas, I understand exactly what mvmac was saying; however this thread is about Darrell Klansmen and the point is dead wrong as it relates to his instruction because of how Darrell uses the PowerPoint in combination with working the toe. If you want to discuss the challenges with the way other instructors teach the move I could be inclined to agree with the point.   I really like the video you included as it is very much inline with the stuff I am working on with Gary...