or Connect

Posts by Josh531

I finally, FINALLY shot a bogey round 2 weeks ago, and then again last week.  Granted it was only a par 31 nine hole but an accomplishment is an accomplishment.
So in an interesting update to the hooking, I played 2 times at my local par 31, 9 hole course, and did really well (42 and 41 respectively).  As far as the new dreaded hook, I didn't.  I modified my grip a little and focused on squaring the club face on address.  I did draw a LOT more balls with both my irons and my driver (50% of my shots had a draw), but I usually fade my irons and I was also trying a new swing (more arm triangle and wrist power, less lower body) so...
So, just for the heck of it, I decided to play my usual ball and a pro v1 today when I went to my home 9 hole par 31.  I was lucky that it was only me and my father so I was able to play 2 balls.  The Pro V1 was uncontrollable off my driver (no surprise there), but it was amazing with my irons.  When I teed up with it on the par 3's, it was a LOT better than my usual Burner (and since I played two rounds, I played burner vs Pro V1 the first round and Mojo vs. Pro V1 the...
Played my home 9 hole course 2x today.  Shot 11 over then 10 over (and for the 5th time this year missed a bogey round by 1 STROKE! )   I did drill my driver 300 yards on one hole, and my irons were spot on today.  Oddly though, got 3 pars on the first round, and no pars on the second round, but the second round was more consistant, and I'd rather be consistant then go triple bogey and 3 pars.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA    So true.  And I'm not a father at all.  27, married...NO kids (at least for now.  Maybe in 3 years...at least that's the plan lol).
Just curious how everyone mentally prepares for a round.  Obviously, there will be a difference between tournaments and recreational rounds, but I was just curious how some people prep.   For me, its just simply running through my head what I want to do.  Occasionally I'll listen to some music to focus, but that's just me.  What about the rest of you?
I would, in your case, just make sure that they are low-compression balls.  2 reasons for this.  First, they are usually pretty cheap.  Second, you probably don't swing at very high speeds (115+mpg).  I know I CAN swing over 120mph, but I rarely do this anymore as I rarely hit the ball well (if at ALL! LOL).  I average a speed of 107mph now and hit the ball MUCH better.  I also switched to lower compression balls which allow me to swing slower without losing distance....
2 things...first, perhaps change your glove.  I know that I had a glove that I always felt made me have to grip tighter to avoid the club spinning on impact.  That would be my first recommendation...change your glove.   Second, based on your scale, grip around a 5, take one extra club than you would normally, and swing easier.  That has helped me tremendously just in terms of control.  I try and grip light (or strong) and kill the ball, I never get a clean shot.  By...
Actually it makes perfect sense.  Although not the same extreme, its the idea of not knowing peace without the existence of war (obviously I just began proving my history "geekness").  Thankfully, I rarely "banana ball" it anymore.  They are more like fades or pushes (which i know a push is totally swing path).   I do want to pull off a draw (since my regular 9 hole has 2 of them which I usually have to play over the dog leg) but I'd rather consistently hit it straight...
aha!  I changed to a stronger grip because I always sliced!  So....i OVER compensated...go figure.  Oddly, I use the same grip with my irons and still manage to slice those...but I think that is because I bring my hips around too early with my irons...but that's a totally different thing altogether.    Thanks for the tip.  I'll post a video of my newer, flatter, swing soon, but obviously with a slightly modified grip.