or Connect

Posts by mbrodeur86

Many feel the levels of the other players in Jack's era was lower than the levels of the competition today, in Tiger's era     Many people do in fact discount many of their Stanley Cups. It's easier to be the best team out of six than out of 20+.         Reply to quote 1: How do you come to this conclusion? Had their been rankings in those days, are you saying Jack was #1 and everyone #2 ??? Of course not. Nobody had an edge, with the exception of Tiger, who one...
Until Tiger calls it a career and the numbers are official and on paper, Jack Nicklaus is the best. You can state the fact that the golfers of today are trained better, better athletes, better equipment etc... but the fact remains that everyone from Jack's era as well as everyone from Tiger's era are at the same levels for their respected periods. You can't say of Jack was better because he trained more than everybody and was coached better because the competition of those...
Fred Couples
Shot a personal best and mulligan free 76 yesterday.  Pretty good for a guy who's only been able to play once a week this season lol
81 Sunday with 3 birdies. 1 put off the green, hit the flag and in. I'm hardly playing this year compared to last year since I couldn't afford a membership this year (my local club has a low first year membership and then it goes up slightly for the second year but jumps big time for 3rd year so I couldn't afford it). I have to wait 4 years to be considered a new member. I've only played 4 rounds and 2 - 9 hole games this year. 
For this year I'm using a YES!  Bella-12 in white finish. I've been practicing with it for most of the winter. Love the feel and it's very easy to align. I think I finally found THE PUTTER for me.
My personal goal is to be as good as my Dad was. He won 9 club championships (the most ever at our local course), never took a lesson in his life and had a peak handicap of 5. My handicap is floating around 11 right now. My off season project is to work on my putting. I've blown many birdies and a few eagles because of 3 putts. I want to be able to make at least 6 out of 10 - 10 footers and 8/10 6 footers. 
I'm glad to say I met and exceeded my goals for this year. I wanted to break 80 and I did twice (78 & 79) and I also got my first eagle (never could reach the par 5's in 2 until I got a great driving tip here and a Rocketballz driver). And on top of that, it was a chip in eagle. Since then, I'm able to reach 2 of the par 5's at my local course. Got my handicap down from 12.1 to 9.9. I sold my Cobra S3 Max clubs and bought Taylormade Burner 2.0 and Cleveland cg16 black...
Right, so if I'm a 2 degree upright with the longer shafts, I would have to add maybe + 1/2 inch plus the 2 degree right? Does that make sense?
Hey,   I went to a demo day at the start of last season and got fitted for Cobra S3 max with graphite shafts, 2 degree upright. I was a 26 handicap at the time and worked really hard to get my handicap down. I am now playing at a 12.1 handicap. I want to start being able to shape my shots.   I am considering a few different companies but I will use this iron as an example. The Taylormade r11.   Here's my question. the shaft specs tell me that the 9 iron for...