or Connect

Posts by Remark37

I hate to resurrect such an old thread but didn't want to start a new one.   I played last night and the threesome ahead of my wife and I were playing very slow. Not too big of a deal, we were taking our time and the last group out, so we were just enjoying it. It was when they were putting while laying on the green and shooting like billiards is when I started to get annoyed. A big pet peeve of mine is when there are people waiting for you to clear the green and...
I can think of at least 4 threads in the last 24 hours where they have. Yet he doesn't have the time to post, but does so all day long. Easily the most ignorant, egotistical, selfish, I'm right you're wrong, douche I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing.   This is why I got off forums years back and thought I would give this a shot because it seemed good, but one person can ruin it for everyone. He talks about the dumbing down of America, he's the leader of the...
I third this as well. I think not enough people picture their shot and the lines involved, including in front of and behind the ball. I started doing a small waggle over the ball to help with my line. It helps me picture where everything should be.
I would video my swing a lot more if I had this. I have a Samsung HD video recorder that I got for about $150 (not the $800 mentioned above) and have a tripod. However it would be more complicated and more of a nuisance to use that than my iphone ($99 now where near $800 mentioned above and it is very durable, dropped at least 50 - 100 times) and this product.   I understand it isn't as high quality, but sometimes convenience beats quality. And the swing reader app...
I agree with you. I'm sure there are a lot of people who play it and I never hear it. And there are times when they play it and I do, which like I've said a few times, doesn't bother me. I think if people are responsible and don't have it up loud to where it carries, there's absolutely no problem with it.   And you're right, the OP stated that. Just with all the comments, the original question got morphed into the thought of a cart decked out with surround sound, haha.
Unless you're referring to the other person but commenting on mine, you are wrong. Did you not read? I don't, I have never complained to the course. I just said I would prefer not to listen to it. I agree rangers don't do anything, at least from what I've seen. Occasionally speed up play, but that's very occasionally.   I wouldn't say it is acceptable as much as tolerated. But if you are being responsible, I shouldn't hear it anyway, so once again, moot point. And I...
Like I said before, it doesn't bother me but I would prefer to not have it. It is a bit presumptive to assume though that it doesn't bother other people. Clearly it does. It has become a trend this year I have noticed.   Everyone does pay the same amount and takes the same time but the "norm" is no music and that would be a battle never won with the clubhouse. Sure there are things as loud if not louder at the course, but me being forced to listen to Kanye West (not the...
At a private club that's nice because you can avoid the people who hog the morning tee times and you take the scraps, if any. Unfortunately for me, I am not a member at a club and have to fight the public for spots. It seems this year courses are packed and prices are high, but that's another thread. I do like that "roll up and ball" method though.  
I love it, assuming I play with nice people. I've paired up with thee different sets of people last weekend, two sets were fun and one was ehh. They were all pretty bad golfers, but an enjoyable round. My friend was adamant that we not get paired up. It was saturday morning and the course was over booked, I told him it was going to happen.   But like I said, I enjoy meeting them and playing as long as there fun to play with, that doesn't mean good. I've played quite...
I've had the similar problem this year. I can tell you what I worked on and what worked for me, but hopefully someone a little more credible will jump in.   I was using an iron swing for my driver as well. I was hitting pretty far and pretty consistent. However, it was going really high and I knew it could be better. What worked for ME was teeing the ball a little higher (I don't tee it high to begin with), moving it forward a little in my stance to about left heel...