or Connect

Posts by Remark37

There is a course about an hour away where a friend lives. Every Sunday they have a 4 person scramble. You field your own team though and not too many ringers, a couple of good young players. I enjoy it, $15 plus $5 for the pot. I wish a course did that by me.   Yours sounds nice because you don't have the task of putting together a team and you get to meet new people and play with some scratch golfers.
I don't like it in my group but I don't let it get to me. Last weekend though, there were some hillbillies ahead of us having a hootenanny. Getting boozed up, hooting and hollering, blaring country, playing extremely slow, way behind the group ahead of them, and causing a traffic jam. But the course we were at doesn't care, you pay, you play, and they don't turn anyone away no matter how busy they are. Which is why I go there about once every 10 years.   But if...
It seemed to me that mostly during Webb Simpsons tee shots, that someone was yelling a little early. Almost right before impact. It doesn't bother me too much unless it is degrading. Like someone mentioned before, the Kevin Na thing was horrible.   Usually they are stupid, like "get in the hole." However, I did like on the drivable par 4 (I believe #7), when Nicolas Colsaerts (#2 in driving distance on the European Tour) laid up. A fan yelled "nice lay up", kind of...
Right, I agree. There's no doubt it will slow us down. I don't mind if they recognize they are slow and work to keep up the pace. It's when they are screwing around and have no concern for anyone else on the course is when I care and was trying to imply.
I agree with the looking for balls. I play with some people like this. Even if they know where their ball is, they will look in tall grass, shrubs, or woods for other balls. I also played a round a few weeks ago that took about 6 hours. There were two older men ahead of us and it was a crammed course. While the group ahead of them were hitting, they would sit there. Then when they pulled away, then the old men would start looking for their ball for 10 minutes in the tall...
I agree, but I can only argue and be an a-hole so long. I think there is potential (and by potential I mean to be a good golfer, not PGA) especially still being in high school. But those yardages, 3 handicap, and 115 mph swing speed, no way. That's why I said he can only get better when he is truthful with himself.
If that's true, I think it would be good to work with a reputable instructor to get your swing in competition mode and enter a few local tournaments this summer. See how you do in a real tournament situation.   That looks like a rough swing on that video and not necessarily a power generating swing. The yardages seem really high. I am a big guy and can't come close to those iron yardages let alone consistently. And I know technique beats size every day, but I am fairly...
No and there is no doubt that you can potentially beat me. I'm not saying I'm better than you, by any means. But you are telling me that from that video that your swing speed is only 8 mph lower than Bubba's?   I hope that you reach your dream, but I think you need to start being honest with yourself before you can start getting better to compete with amateurs let alone pro's.
I saw this on the US Open, they were talking about it. I Don't necessarily agree with tee it forward. You should play the tees that your game fits, not the one in front of those.   I am a decent driver (not like above where I say 300+ with a 20 handicap), but probably 260 - 285 depending on fairway hardness (and if I hit on the fairway, haha). So I try to play the blues, but my irons aren't the greatest, so I don't have a problem playing from the whites if my friends...
  Photo from clubhouse deck at Forrest Dunes Roscommon, MI. Heading to Boyne next weekend, hope to have many more.