or Connect

Posts by NotPortlyNJ

Whew!  Makes me feel like I'm not a complete klutz not being able to break 100 after 3 years at this!
On the ACA:  keep in mind that many people opposed to the ACA are opposed because it doesn't include a public option, in other words, it didn't do enough.  Also, if asked about key components of the ACA, people actually like those.  In fact, some less informed people are actually opposed to Obamacare but are in favor of the ACA, in spite of them being the same thing.   In other words, the only thing a lot of people hate about Obamacare is the Obama. Ad for people with...
This is not a government thought police issue.  The fact of the matter is racist speech is rightfully frowned upon by the public in the USA.  While he can't, and shouldn't, face legal consequences for it, the first amendment does NOT protect you from financial retributions of what you say, particularly in the private sector.  When you are a public persona and a company with which you do business feels that you are damaging their reputation by what you say, and fear that...
 5 iron 400 feet -- 133 yards?  And I thought I was a short hitter!  My 5 (hybrid) goes at least 150! You can try getting a GPS app like Golfshot and track your yardages per club on the course.
I replied "in my pocket turned off", but that's kind of wrong.  I leave it on in DND mode.  I use Golfshot on my phone, so the phone is on but will not ring -- unless someone calls me twice in a row (it better be important!), in which case it will vibrate.
I was playing one of the courses at Rockleigh in NJ, and same deal -- really short grass apron leading to the green.  I was about 15 yards away and even slightly uphill.  This was early in my golf life before I had even a semi-decent short game, so I decided to putt up to the green.  Well I'll be damned, I sank the putt!
If you were hitting 75 full swings without some sort of break, yeah, you probably got tired.  Looking at your HC of 30, if you average just over 2 putts per round, 75 full / wedge swings is a full 18 holes of golf.
If only I could abide by rule 2.
You really need to do both, and playing a course teaches you things such as course management which you can't get from a range.  That and actually seeing the results of that 50 yard pitch as it hits a green, and the fact that the practice green is only 1 green, and there is a lot of difference between that and the 18 on the course, so yes, you're missing a lot if you're not out there playing.
Or one of these... http://www.despair.com/motivation.html