or Connect

Posts by i-Guy

I am "Seriously" considering the Vizor putter...I currently putt with a Odyssey Metal X #7 and this putter works well for me...but I remember putting with a Vizor in the local Edwin Watts store a while back and I liked the set up and the way it rolled but was not really looking at Wilson Staff at the time...I since have found the Ci11 irons which were truly made for me and my game...so now I am on the hunt to make my bag all Wilson Staff...the most underrated golf company...
 Check out this... http://www.stackandtilt.com/
When talking about a fade I naturally have always been one who can play a pull fade...yes and when I am not swinging well (timing off) it can turn into a slice...or a dead pull...but if I were to master this swing (meaning can repaet it quite often) why would I not play a pull fade??? I would have to think that with an inside-outside swing if your timing is off as it reates to hitting the ball straight you can hit a push or a push draw...so wat is the difference? Isnt...
Like someone said earlier...get fitted for many reasons but simply lenghtening your clubs will cause the following and you need to be aware of this:   1) For every 1/2 inch it will increase your irons 2-3 swing weights   2) For every 1/2 inch it makes your clubs 1 degree upright   So you need to be careful with just adding length as an alternative...just my 2 cents as I am 6'4.  My fit is somewhere around 1/4 to 1/2 inch long as compared to standard (what is...
Oh yeah I never gave my average distances...per what's in my bag right now:     FW 245 4 iron 192 5 iron 178 6 iron 165 7 iron 151 8 iron 139 9 iron 127 PW 115 UW 100 SW 82    
  Agree 100% but for most (per my post right above yours) it could provide realistic gudiance to what players average disctance were...no?
  If follwed religously it would help people know their real distances...right???
  I hear you on this as I am a feel player (regardless of my post earlier about the "Math"...LOL) but my pre-shot routine is as follows:   1) How far is it to where I want the ball to end up..."Target" (I use a GPS) 2) Is it uphill or downhill 3) What is the wind doing 4) Then based on the knowledge I have about how far I hit each club (math) I make a selection 5) Now with 1-4 done...I go into a feel mode and try to see the shot to the "Target" 6) Then focus on exectuing...
  BOOM!!!  This is very well written and I especially like this part:   "What happened to being athletic and putting the club face on the ball?  Worry about that first."   From my very first swing I have always faded the ball...it is a pull fade (no doubt) as it is a slight over the top move...but for the most part (for some reason...see quote above) I seem to be able to put the club on the ball and know where it is going...I am currently playing to an 8 but have been as...
  I agree...the same 20 handicap I mentioned above I play with sometimes continues to not udnerstand that golf is not a game of how far you hit the ball or how perfect your swing looks but yet how you SCORE!!!  For instance we got paired one day with this young kid who killed the ball off the tee but had a very questionable short game (chipping and putting)...my 20 handicap buddy just marveled all day at this kids tee shots and when we got done and the kid left my buddy...