or Connect

Posts by laconic517

how much did you pay/how long did you wait/book your tee time in advance?
anywhere between 26-30 I miss quite a few greens, when Im hitting a lot of greens I tend to lose confidence in the putter maybe because I have more opportunities and it seems like I miss a lot more. I probably hit about half the greens and get up and down half the time or more depending on the type of day im having.
think back to when youve had your stretches of your best holes ever and tell yourself you know you can do it, you just gottatrust it. Like in this tournament I really wanted to do well in, I bogeyed my first 6 or 7 holes, it was disgusting. But i knew I could get over it because ive made a lot of birdies before and even shot a 31 so I mean, shit happens. You just need a good pre shot rutine and remember that you know how to do this because youve done it plenty of...
I feel clubs courses should have a single golfer signup thing or whatever. I have people to play with, but some of them can be kind of wishy washy and I almost never get a 4some together, usually 2 to 3 at most, so weekend rounds feel slow even if they are 4 hours. I dont mind being paired up at all, infact I enjoy playing with people I dont know becuase it gets sort of boring playing with the same people all the time. Maybe you should look for a beginners league or...
I have family who lives 5 minutes from Kinsale, a lot of the locals were upset about the old head being built there because it used to be great hiking trails. The price tag is pretty insane, I agree the views look nuts in the photos online but from what Ive heard of the place from people who have played there it wasnt worth it. I played the K Club while I was in Ireland for spring break, the weather wasnt too good and it was still the winter in ireland so maybe thats...
the haters on espn.com are sickening, many of them dont even think about her being a 17 year old girl. Everyone has bad rounds and who knows just how much her wrist affected her. Wanting to play with the men is fine, the PGA Tour is the best tour in the world, whats wrong with wanting to play with the best ? If she was a 17 year old boy no one would shoot her dreams down. Sure she may not get as many invites or be as popular, but thats not her fault. Shes never talked...
my thing is 20 handicaps dont generally hit the ball well enough or have a repeatable swing to hit it 300 consistantly even if they do generate a lot of clubhead speed. and its hard to tell how far you hit it if its not in the fairway
people need to stop judging how far they carry it by how far they have into a hole, theres doglegs, angles etc, very few people carry the ball over 275 let alone 250 (on average) and i find it hard to believe there are 10-20 handicaps who h it the ball 300. BUt I mean if thats what it is thats what It Is I guess, good that you hit it long. I can hit drives about 280 if i hit them good (not carry) but i probably carry the ball 240 on average and hit my drives about...
I suck on the range, id much rather play golf. When I do go to the range i only seem to cause more problems and then somehow they go away when I play golf. Sometimes going does help, like the old play the hole you have trouble with over and over on the range.
lag putting ( i wished i played on fast greens, 99% of the time the greens i play on are slow as shit (below 10 on stimp meter) when ive played over 10 all the way to 12.5 ive done well. Im the kind of person who feels that the faster the greens are the smaller the stroke I have to take so the less chance of error. Also for some reason I just dont focus for every hole and throw away rounds that should be under par and turn thnem into even or 1 or 2 over.