or Connect

Posts by LovinItAll

It bugs me to no end when golfers are critical of the decisions/equipment of others. Your point is spot on.I was about a 12hc when I purchased my first set of blades (33s). I caught all kinds of heat from my friends about about the decision, but it was the best thing I could've done. One becomes more cognizant of off center hits and, if dedicated to improving, will learn quickly how to avoid the sting that comes from thin (and other) off center strikes.Btw, my index never...
Aside from the usual scoring/handicap goals: - More dynamic practice sessions. Often, I get stuck in a routine during practice: Hit x drivers, practice putting/short game y hours, etc. I need to focus more practice time on what I happen to be struggling the most with at that time. Seems obvious, but I need to be more cognizant moving forward. - Stop playing with people who impact my enjoyment of the game! Again, another obvious point, but there are guys I've been playing...
Thanks for the replies. My score from the uber windy day has been posted. I'm not sure one made one of my points clearly, to wit: - My home course is subject to very high winds quite often. The winds are unique to our course, so the entire golfing community in my area will typically play in easier conditions. - I'd like to play more tournament golf this year. As it stands, I think I'll be competing primarily in gross divisions. However, if I end up in a net division, it...
From what I've been able to see watching my mates play, it isn't the early swivel that does them in, it's the 'rise and swivel' that results in crummy shots.As for rotating early, I think that's a personal thing.Re: The poster that mentioned a rotating head while putting - I don't think you'll find many examples of good putters who aren't keeping their head still while putting, but I may be wrong.
I'm a proponent of posting all scores, but I sometimes play in conditions that have a significant impact on scoring (high winds - 30+mph). It would be one thing if all of Las Vegas experienced these conditions simultaneously, but I play north at Paiute where the winds can easily be 15-20mph stronger than in town. The question is this: - At what point does the USGA recommend not posting scores? It seems like I once read something about not posting if conditions...
Even playing my very best golf, I never averaged 250+, nor did I need to in order to play decent golf. For me, it was simply my swing speed that kept me from consistently hitting it over 250, not a technical breakdown in my swing. Further, the vast majority of golfers don't average 250+ for whatever reason (except in Internet yards). With that said, I play regularly with a couple of guys that hit it long (265-285): - One of them is is in his 60's and has been playing his...
Man, I can't believe some of the hatefulness in this thread. As BuckeyeNut (and maybe others) has said, if a player can keep up, he has the right to play from any set of tees without being forced to endure criticism from other players (online or otherwise). Criteria like driving distance or some multiple of a players 5i distance are fine, but in no way should those metrics be the final determining factor for ALL players. For example: - I play with a very good player at...
1. IMO, it isn't the set of tees a player uses that slows play, but rather a host of other factors. As I've said in previous posts, when my wife played her first round of golf, she shot 145 and we finished in 3 hours. Hopefully the OP doesn't slow things down playing back, but we've all seen the groups playing from the tips that not only hit poor shots, but they also do the little things that make their round slow.2. This is true for so many people and they just don't...
  Just getting around to reading this post, but the quote above is true for me as well.   I think I'm a solid putter, and I think the reasons are because:   - I'm meticulous about repeating my setup over every putt. - I gather as much information re: my read from others' ball actions, visuals as I approach the green, etc. (AimPoint, I'm sure, would also improve my green reading) - I do my best to focus 100% on every putt regardless of length - I try to disengage the...
  <10 HC'ers have grooved their swing to a fair degree. If they're already short hitters, they'll have to make some swing changes to pick up any real distance. Swing changes = significant practice time for the changes to become visceral. Many players either aren't inclined or simply don't have the time to implement those changes. Just because someone says, "I wish I...." doesn't mean they're willing (or necessarily particularly interested) in doing what it takes to make...