or Connect

Posts by LovinItAll

This wasn't special - just another example of letting score get in the way. I was playing really solid yesterday, got to 15, and my buddy said, "You're two under. Man, one more birdie......." (After starting off with two bogies, I had four birdies at that point, but I really had no idea where I was re: score). 15. Bam. Ball in the water. Still made bogie. 16. Approach hit the flag, ricocheted into a bunker. Bogie. 17. Hooked it into the desert (I almost never hook the...
I disagree. Look, if you can't hit driver very far because of a medical condition, that's one thing. If one has no physical limitations, though, driver is an important club.....maybe one of the top two most important in the bag.I'm not saying it's necessary to hit it 300+, but getting the ball out there and in play is critical to shooting low scores (low-mid 70's). For most single digit HC'ers, once a course gets past about 6600, I'm not sure they're breaking 80 if they...
This. I have no idea why anyone thinks you need to eliminate your fade. If you can control it, and if your distances are accurate, you hit the ball far enough to easily shoot in the 70's consistently.Also not sure about the 'PW putting stroke'. There's a spot for hitting wedges or other clubs with a putting stroke, but it doesn't come up often in my game.As others have said, improving your short game is a quick way to lower scores. I've always thought of putting as a...
Seems like there are enough golfers in the 3-+2 category to fill the field and just play gross. Ultimately you just need 100, so as long as everyone knows it's a gross event, if a 15 ends up in the tournament, well...their tough luck.If you're not paying for travel, I guess the field will be mostly Asian. If you are paying for travel, I'm still guessing many people will be reluctant to make the 15 hour flight (or whatever).Back to the point: It won't be hard to get 100...
There's a guy I play with that tracks ALL of his stats. Nothing wrong with it, but I don't see how he keeps his head in the game (or maybe I'm just feeble). I can go back after the round and remember any stat I care about (which is none, really). I mean, I know where my miss is, and my percentages (GIR's, fairways, et al) don't change my score. The parts of my game that need the most work are evident...aren't they to everybody?I guess I'm saying that I don't understand the...
  That's what I get for quoting one internet source and not doing my own research. Apparently Apple's commitment to take the bulk of production from whatever mine was key in keeping the cost of the iPad down.
Vietnam...Ahh, the fresh smell of old napalm.   Exactly where Americans want to holiday.
  I don't want to speak out of turn, but I think what the OP was saying was this:   "If you're a single digit HC'er and your goal is to lower your HC, but you're not having success from the tees you're playing, move back a set of tees. You're likely to shoot the same score, but your HC will improve, thus helping with your goal."   I'm not sure 'not improving' would be exactly right, as a lower HC is supposed to indicative of a better golfer. If a single digit guy playing...
Nm....sorry.
  This thread was mostly about moving back for handicap purposes, not necessarily 'playing better'. For example, if a player doesn't hit a ton of G.I.R.'s, moving back will almost certainly reduce their handicap, as they are very likely to shoot the same score from one set of boxes back (or further). As I mentioned in an earlier post, I moved back to the tournament boxes on one of our courses (7600 yards) and shot, based on the rating for those tees, better than my index....