or Connect

Posts by LovinItAll

I wish there was a special suit one could get into and it would slowly take one's body through a specific swing sequence. It would be nice to feel a particular player's swing, and I think golfers would get better faster if they could actually feel the movements. I also wish I'd won that really big Powerball a couple of weeks ago. Oh, and yes - I'd wish for extra wishes if I were given three wishes, man!
It was only 580, but it was playing into a 25mph headwind. I ended up about 20 yards short. I'm not a long bomber, anyway.It's unfortunate that there's no way to handicap a course when the wind is really blowing. My score, while not impressive on its own, was pretty damn good considering the conditions.
I don't know what kind of players they were back in '09, but the +.5 guy won, so on any given Sunday (or whatever day!)......
Here are the details of the course where Mid-Am qualifying just finished in Vegas: Las Vegas National Golf Club 6,773 Yards, Par 71 (73.5/137) Don't imagine they'll take more than two players and two alternates, but here are the top six scores: 67, 70 72, 73 (3 players). The 70 is playing to something like a +4, and this is the Mid-Am. Just a sample of what you might be looking at if you want to compete in events like this. Hope this isn't considered a hijack. Edit:...
I had to play or practice almost every day to scare scratch, and when I started playing/practicing 2x/week, my HC went to 7. However......I know guys that hover around scratch and don't play/practice every day, and even a guy that maintains a plus handicap and doesn't play more than a couple of times per month unless he's preparing for an event. All of the above have played since they were kids, though. I started as an adult. I guess it makes a difference. There are things...
I just looked up the indices of all of the 2009 semi finalists I could find. Right now, the 2009 winner is a +.5. The others I could find were ~+2.5's or so. I've got 3.5 years before I'm eligible, and not enough years left to be competitive. Like you, I'll sure give it a go, though.
Would you expand on this? I'm thinking I may be reading your intent wrong.
  I want to be clear that I'm not advancing or condoning a prejudicial agenda, but 'private' means just that: Private. The New York Athletic Club denied Jewish and Black members until at least the 1960's. The Jewish population didn't rail against the club, they simply found other places to join or whatever. I don't know if black americans ever pursued the issue.   Having a preferred member base isn't, in my opiniom, 'revoking a moral obligation' with regard to private...
^^^^^This. I, too, shoot about the same numbers when I back up. I played our tournament boxes on one of our courses for the first time last week (no tee markers). I thought I'd struggle mightily - she's 76.3/149 and 7604 - but I grinded out a 79, which is significantly lower than my index (almost two full strokes). Don't think I'd want to play those boxes all the time, though. The wind kicked up to ~25 mph or so on one of the par fives and I hit driver/3w/5w and didn't get...
Congrats on your dual accomplishment. I'm a little compulsive, so I've always kept a separate scorecard where I indicated which holes on my clubs courses I'd parred/birdied/eagled in the past. I was happy to finally mark the eighth and final eagle down on that sucker. It took me five years to do it.The club at which I'm currenty playing has three courses. I've only been playing there since May, so I have yet to birdie all 54 holes. I only have one eagle since then, and I'm...