or Connect

Posts by LovinItAll

I know where all of the slow players are after reading the replies in this thread.   When my wife was learning to play, the only instruction I gave her was to keep up. She could shoot 125 and we could still finish in under 4 hours.   Four hours. A foursome simply shouldn't take any longer than that. I played with my wife today and we finished in 2:45. We weren't rushing, we each have average pre-shot routines, but we were ready to play when it was our turn to...
I've seen two people hit hard with balls, and I hit my wife once:   1) At a course in Jax., a friend of mine was teeing off on #1. The #9 green was very close to the teeing ground. My buddy hit a low slice that caught a dude in the neck and dropped him. My friend was so shaken up that he didn't want to finish the round.   2) Playing with a father and son-in-law in Memphis, the SIL had dribble a tee shot. The FIL drove to his ball about 125 yards away. The young...
  ^^^ This   I usually ask what everyone is playing with on the tee if I don't have or have lost my Sharpie. Still, that can lead to last Saturday's nonsense:   I walk up to my ball after a drive, see it's a PV1 #2, and begin to wait while everyone else gets to their ball. Some guy I'm playing with for the first time says, "Hey! Is that your ball?"   "Yeah, it's a black 2."   "I'm playing a black 2, too."   "I thought you were playing with a red 3?"   "I switched on the...
Funny....I join here and the first post I read is the thing I work the hardest on in my own game. After a very long layoff (7 years), the biggest struggle I have right now is battling a too-long backswing. I had worked for YEARS on shortening my swing. Really, it's incredible how difficult it is for me to shorten it up. Keeping my right elbow close to my body does the trick, of course, but for me, it's easier said than done. Not sure the OP really meant it this way when...