or Connect

Posts by LovinItAll

Don't forget that there are still many amateur competitions outside of school, too. If you include a driving area within 2-3 hours, I'm sure you could fill up a season with tournament play.That's just another one of the great things about golf. Even after 50, I can still compete in tournaments if I wanted to. Shoot, if I put my mind to it, I could still compete In a national event like the mid-am. Very few sports give older competitors the chance to continue participating...
You're right....these guys could buy a starter set at Wally World and still shoot under par in most PGA events. Not sure who owns what foundry, but it doesn't really matter. Companies like Nike get whatever they want regardless of who the subcontractor is, and if Nike doesn't own a foundry, it's only because they consider it cost effective not to. They could afford to buy one if necessary.Very few companies control the supply side of their products the way a company like,...
Spider, I've been thinking about this since I wrote my first reply. I wanted to add a couple of things.- Growing up, there were only three NFL games shown on TV on Sundays. With the addition of MNF, the total was four per week. There was no ESPN. During MNF halftime, Howard Cosell would narrate highlights from the games that had not been broadcast. Since there was no ESPN, these little snippets from the games we didn't see we're all we had to look forward to if our team...
  1. I'm thinkin' the list is longer than we know   2. Probably some of that, too.   3. I know I'll get heat, but: It doesn't make it wrong, either. What Tiger did is Tiger and his family's business...no one else's. The only thing that makes it "wrong" to certain people are a set of morals and values that they've been taught within our society. People can argue that those values are what everyone should live by - and I would disagree - but Tiger didn't break the law, and...
  It's the players and venue that make the event prestigous, not the audience. Golfers cared plenty about golf tournaments before television existed, and there are miraculaous shots from Augusta that are still being discussed, but for which there is no video.   It's all speculation, but those are my .02.   EDIT: You're clearly a younger guy. That's not a slight, but there are plenty of us around that remember when television sports coverage was not nearly as pervasive as...
  I thought they rejected Bill Gates the first time around? A million bucks to the likes of Augusta members is chicken scratch...like me peeling off a five.   Augusta doesn't need additional members and they don't need sponsors for the tournament - they proved that back in the M. Burke days. They have enough money inside the club to hold the tournament, pay the purse, and keep the course in perfect condition without any outside interference, and that includes television...
  Of course, he could get a piece of golf-related sales without owning anything. Not saying that he does - that's a wiki thing,
When I started playing again in April, I developed some pretty bad pain in my right forearm. I was surprised because even though I hadn't hit a ball in six years, I've never had a golfing injury, and I've hit a gawdawful number of balls.I finally took a hard look at my grip. I was placing my right hand much more under the club than, for me, it should've been. As soon as I rotated it back to the left, no more pain. In addition, I started striking the ball much better.I know...
According to Wikipedia, which is always 100% right because contributors are just like the posters here:"Woods receives a percentage from the sales of Nike Golf apparel, footwear, golf equipment, golf balls."Phil Knight didn't get to be a bazillionaire giving away controlling interest in anything, and I doubt Tiger has even the smallest chance of overruling Phil if they ever disagreed on something. Do they seek/accept Tiger's input? That wouldn't surprise me - I'm almost...
  The bold part is what I was saying from my first post.   I'm really not insterested in giving anyone swing advice, so whatever works for the OP or anyone else is fine - I was just describing how I think of hitting a draw or fade.   You're the second person that has described Picture #9 as 'hitting the inside half of the ball'. I don't see that at all in the picture, but I do see how the diagram describes a cut shot. It still looks to me like the swing path is outside...