or Connect

Posts by LovinItAll

No, but clearly there are posts you haven't bothered to read yet.   OAO.....
P.S. The OP isn't having a hard time 'hitting the sweet spot' (well, probably that, too), he's asking about curing an extreme slice. Once again, though, I figure this will be lost on the 41" driver crowd. The shorter club recommendations are for hitting the ball more solidly, not for fixing a swing flaw.
  Man, you're way off base. Is english your second language or something?
  I get that, and I agree that winning holes in match play is a lot of fun. I'm not in any way discounting match play events.
Let me see if I can, once again, crash through what seems to be a certain denseness:   You gave your opinion. I gave mine. You think you're right. I think I'm right. OP doesn't need to regrip with 4" of shaft stickng out to get his driver to Tiger's length (or any acceptable length, for that matter). OP also isn't likely to swing the club at Tiger's swing speed, so sacrificing FOUR INCHES of driver is going to make him a mighty short hitter even if he does make solid...
I hear ya on CR's constant tour comments. Not sure why he feels like he needs to make the reference. Other than that, the team is pretty decent aside from all the Tiger speculation. I guess as long a Tiger drives ratings, though, we're going to have to listen to it.
Hmm....one of the first things I'd do is try to manage the course so that I didn't have many 5' vertical shots, but when you do:- You're always going to hit down on the ball. 'Hit down to go up' and to create spin.- There are different schools of thought re: weight distribution on short chips/pitches. Some say place more weight on your leading foot (left foot for a righty), some say balance your weight evenly. Try both on the range and see what works for you.- 'Lifting...
- I had a 928- I have a 14kt Rolex. I'm not bragging. In fact, I'm here to tell you that, while the 928 was faster than all get out, she sure was expensive to repair. And the Rolex? Man, a Timex keeps better time, so if you value punctuality, buy something with a quartz crystal.There are many reasons for saying many things. The OP was never bragging, but you'd know that if you'd read the thread carefully. I'm astonished at how many people reply to various threads without...
  Thank you for that...I can read. Let me see if I can re-phrase my statement:   If the OP has a standard length driver (45-46"), a standard length grip (~10"), and average hands, he has at least 2" of length that he can grip down, effectively reducing the club length to 43-43.5" or so. If the OP can't hit a 43.5" driver, my suggestion is that he take a lesson.   If the OP would rather try to hit a 37"-41" driver, he's certainly welcome to do so.   The OP's issue is swing...
  All of this is 100% true, plus I guarantee you that, based on the OPs post about his previous interaction with the coach, the coach at least knows who the kid in and has determined that the OP is not in a position to help the team at this point. They coach may be trying to motivate the young man, or there may be other issues. Whatever it is, though, no D1 golf program is going to allow whoever wants to go out and play a round with the squad. That's just not how it...