or Connect

Posts by LovinItAll

I've never played a golf course anywhere in the world that should take longer than 4 hours to play, walking or otherwise. Our foursomes regularly finish in 3.5 or so, and we're not trying to set any speed records or anything. Once we get past four hours, it feels like a mighty long round. Five hours is stupid long.We had a 4.5 hour rounded yesterday, though, and here's why:One of our regulars didn't show up, so a tourist go paired with us and rode with me. He wasn't a very...
What did you expect Rory to say? Tiger's cut from a different cloth, and it was as much his father's projections for him as it is his projections for himself....maybe they end up being the same thing. Sitting around drinking a soda and thinking about the future, it's hard not to think about life's possibilities. Whether one creates goals or not is something else, of course, but Rory would only be human if he considered what it might mean if were ever regarded as one of...
You don't think that, all else being equal, a stiffer shaft produces straighter shots?
And I paid $100? Wow. The results of my Callaway session are in the following thread (per Erik): http://thesandtrap.com/t/58537/the-sand-trap-visits-callaway-golf-razr-fit-driver-fitting-at-the-ely-callaway-performance-center Oh, driver stats were an avg. of 7 swings, 6i 3 swings. Called the guy today and asked about efficiency (smash factor). He said my driver was good and 6i was 'excellent'..he may have been stroking me, idk. He said that's why we only hit 3 of them....
Callaway Golf Center - Las Vegas   I visited the Callaway Golf Center in Las Vegas for a fitting, so I thought I'd share the results and impressions of my visit.   I arrived about 30 minutes early without an appointment, but there was no issue scheduling the fitting. I decided to hit some balls on the range first and warm up - not a problem since it was 105 outside - and scheduled the fitting for 30 minutes after my arrival.     The staff was friendly and...
Thanks. That's the thing about us guys who can't hit it out of our shadow...she ain't long, but we can usually find her in the short(-ish) stuff!Seriously, with all the dudes on here that post every day, this thread should be several pages long by now. Not only do I think higher HC'ers would have a blast (everyone, really), but maybe one of the pros or scratch babies (BuckeyeNut, I'm thinkin' about you in particular) can get hot and take it really deep. Somebody's bound...
Maybe, or maybe because it was stiffer. Stiffer = straighter.
I want to make sure I get this: - During the conservative round, our approaches should be about the same length as from our usual tees, right? In other words, guys who drive it pretty straight shouldn't see a ton of improvement if I'm reading it right.
Course Name:  Paiute Golf Resort Course Website: RealPureGolf.com Course Style: Desert Regular Tee Yardage / Rating / Slope: 71.2/128 (I'll do this on the Sun course) Regular Tee Average Score: 78 (~2 strokes > where I expect my next index revision to be) Forward Tee Yardage / Rating / Slope: 5465/65.8/107 (Red/Ladies) Forward Tee Predicted Score (Aggressive Round): 70 (I'm an optimist) Forward Tee Predicted Score (Conservative Round) 75 I hope guys are honest. I've...
No kidding. I read that gets a cut from everything golf-related that Nike sells. He's not going anywhere.