or Connect

Posts by Isitthegenes

Thanks for all the suggestions - I went out last week and don't think I was really focusing on anything, as I was all over the place with the driver...I did manage to hit 2 fairways, though, so a minor victory.   I'm heading out to play tomorrow and thought I'd choose something to focus on as I'm playing - Rather than adding a bunch of things, starting with one at a time seems to be a better route to go (yes, I am planning on lessons at some point, but that's down...
I do see what you're saying there and even noticed that in my practice swing, there's a more natural "flow" that does include some lower body motion as well.   The other thing that occurred to me, but is difficult to see from this angle, is that I may be standing too far from the ball, causing an outside - outside swing, a guaranteed slice every time.  I'll get a back-view as soon as I can, but am already planning on looking at my address next time I'm out.
  Wow, that's quite the compliment - very much appreciated.  It took some time to get it into my head to remember I'm not striking the ball during my backswing - it's about creating the start of a good swing plane.   I've heard alternating comments about upper body and lower body - some things I've read say you want to keep the lower body quiet (aside from weight shift from right to left) and others talk about slight shift in the hips...Part of why my lower body's quiet...
Just a random question, but are you hitting down with your irons or more of a "sweeping" swing?  Also, where is the ball in relation to your front foot?  While I can't get those types of distances myself, I know I have a sweep swing and don't get stop on the greens unless it's my PW or maybe a 9i.
  It sounds like, by what you're saying, is that I should still keep the shaft perpendicular, but turn the shaft so the club face is square - the first part of this did get my hands slightly behind the ball at address.   I think the suggestion of choking down is a good one - I'm not overly tall (6' 1") and never had a club with this length.  Combining both of these with working on keeping my weight forward will make a big difference.   I'm likely heading out to play this...
 I definitely noticed that right away and pretty sure that's something that's taking away some distance - one thing I'm going to try is waiting to accelerate until impact rather than trying to whip through at the top.  I'm also looking at videos to find some drills to keep my weight forward on the follow through - I think I saw one that has a "lean and stop" method to get a feel for the weight forward.   For the second poster - I think I get that.  By open shoulders, does...
This is a bit of a two part question, one to do just with my driver, the other a quirk I noticed today out on the range.   This year, I changed drivers and bought a Callaway Diablo Octane driver with regular flex.  My driver was from an independent local manufacturer/shop and is at least 10 years old.  It was time to upgrade.   I've struggled with the push slice, something that happened even before the upgrade.   Normally, when I'm addressing the ball, I...
There were three things I noticed - this is all said with a disclaimer that I'm nowhere near a pro, but rather someone working on my own swing and things I've been working on this year (after 3 years away from the game)   1. The heel of the front (left) foot is lifting during your backswing, but stayed quiet during those practice swings you were taking with the driver (about four minutes in).  I've been working on keeping my front foot planted to keep me from turning...
  I've been Playing Golf for:​ 15 years (off and on, just started again after 3 year hiatus) My current handicap index or average score is: 20-25 My typical ball flight is: slice/fade The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Hard right slices     Videos:     The first swing was a pretty severe slice, but the second started straighter with a less severe slice.  My first impression immediately after watching them was my...
I'll try and be as descriptive as I can - it's a work in progress to be sure.   My original grip did not have the left thumb/index finger pointed towards the right shoulder - the angle pointed at my chin.  The new grip I am trying to adjust to is to have the shaft going from the base of the pinkie up to the second joint of the index finger of the left hand.  I interlock the right pinkie with the left index finger and use a similar line with my right hand.   This...