or Connect

Posts by BioGolfNebraska

Hi all. I recently got the footjoy M project spikeless shoes. I love them, but I may have made a mistake in getting white shoes. I have gotten them pretty muddy and they seem to be stained with brown spots. Any tips for getting the stains out without ruining the shoes? Thanks!
I shot 9 this morning before work, and had my best 9 ever in a regulation course going: 2 up through 6 holes, with 2 GIR pars and 2 up and down pars, 2 bogies. I ended up finishing bogie, bogie, triple triple, but still shot a 44. Probably my best yet, but if I would not have made a couple of bad mental errors at the end I would have easily broken 40! (Not bad for a 28 handicap). I had a tip from a scratch golfer that I played with to stand closer to the ball and swing...
Not to throw in too much of an off-topic complaint, but there was 3 inches of snow on the ground on May 1st here in Nebraska. We have a tee time this Saturday, but the forecast is 40 degrees, 20 mph wind, 60% chance of rain. Weird weather this year.
You can get a Taylormade burner 2.0 3 hybrid (basically a 2 hybrid from anyone else) for $90 from rock bottom golf. Way better deal than the RBZ stage 2 for $180 at the same site. I have the burner 2.0 and it is very easy to hit and can make up a lot of distance for you fast.
I agree with this. I've been golfing 3 years now and I finally am feeling confident enough to hit a 3 wood. I have the A7OS set and the 4 and 5 hybrids will instantly put you at an advantage over your buddy if he is hitting 4 or 5 iron. The set is as easy to hit as anything. If I were you, I'd get that set and a nice 3 hybrid (don't even worry about a driver right away). If you are like me, and most beginners I have talked to, the 3 hybrid will probably give you more...
I have the a70s set.  I love it.  The 4 and 5 hybrids are so easy to hit it is ridiculous (although I find them almost impossible to fade/slice, but as long as you know it won't do it, you are fine).  My buddies who play with 4 and 5 irons are always struggling on the long par 3s, but I hit solidly and catch the green with the high ball flights of these hybrids.  I'm not too vain to play a 4 or 5 hybrid.
Hah, no offense taken (and no health issues here). i am now at the point where I can crank a 7 iron about 145 yards. However, I tend to swing much more slowly and put it at about 125-130 because I am not confident enough in my full power swing. If I go full swing i still am at the point where I can really duff it occasionally. I can hit my 4 hybrid at the range to almost 200 yards (with roll-out), but I still tend to play it as my 160 yard club on the course. I am...
I have been getting my driver to behave itself lately, so I have been taking it out quite a bit more.  My big slice has turned into a slight draw/straight hit with quite a bit more distance.  I still am not getting the distance I would like, however (I'm 24, in reasonably good shape, and my driving distance is typically around 220-230, which the really nice ones going 250-260 with some rollout and perhaps some wind help).  One thing I have noticed is while using plastic...
We have a public par 3 course here that is labeled a "junior golf course", holes range from about 90 yards to 175.  During the off-season (like now), the proshop hours are from 9am to 4pm, but they have a sign that says it is okay to play the course if the shop isn't open as long as frost or weather would lend to course damage during your round.   Before I knew the earlier hours during the off season, I went to try and get a quick 1 hour 9 holes in before going to...
If people knew exactly what they were doing wrong to limit their distance, don't you think they would change it as long as it didn't influence the accuracy?