or Connect

Posts by Big C

I've played 3 Dye courses - PGA La Quinta, Ruffled Feathers & Whistling Straits. All were beautiful courses and all were tough but (mostly) fair. I agree that there is nothing more frustrating then being punished for a good shot because of fluky course design, but I did not have that experience at any of the above.
 This is a fair question, but I guess I look at it this way: Coming from an insurance background, I've seen how the litigious nature of society has affected the way a lot of insurance professionals do business. Rather than being a trusted advisor and weighing the pros and cons of various coverages with their clients, lots of brokers now take a "CYA" mentality to doing business. They offer and recommend every coverage underneath the sun ("over insure" their clients, if...
I don't track my stats closely (I probably should start doing so), but if I had to hazard a guess, I would say 12-13 GIR's a few years ago at Skylinks. It was my first sub-80 round ever (I shot a 77) and what surprised me afterwards was how easy the game seemed. Every hole felt like a drive, approach & 2 putt. I didn't hole many long putts, but I had more stress free pars than I can ever remember. It's a shame you can't bottle that feeling, because I promptly when out and...
I am in the same boat. My wife and I just had our first child a few weeks ago. We saw the pediatrician for his first visit and the amount of recommended vaccines they suggest is staggering. It is/was our intent to vaccinate, but I honestly had no idea the vaccination schedule was so intensive.   To those that have done research on the topic, are all these vaccinations really necessary? Are there any that can be bypassed without incurring risk to our child? I guess in...
 I'm not really in the interest of assigning blame, as much as having a discussion about real solutions to a problem. "Fix the golfers" (whatever that means) isn't going to happen because nobody thinks they are the problem. Slow play has still persisted despite numerous efforts to educate golfers on ways to speed up the game. Tee it forward/While we're young, etc.
Jamie Diaz wrote a good article in a recent issue of GolfWorld magazine about the lack of "color" in today's game. He talks about how the modern players are so stoic, so composed, so unflappable that it has almost taken some of the character out of the game. I think the criticism of Bubba and (to a lesser extent) Patrick Reed is a bit overblown. We don't want these guys to be robots, but we blast them when they show the slightest bit of temperament.   Personally, I don't...
Quote:I'll play devil's advocate here. Yes, there are some people that are just going to play slow regardless. Maybe it's in their DNA. But the vast majority (in my opinion) play slowly due to their ignorance about the various ways that play can be sped up. They drive to their partner's ball, watch their partner hit, then drive to theirs - for no other reason then because that's just the way that they think golf is played. For those people, a single rider cart would...
You are only required to re-tee in two instances. 1. If your shot goes outside of the course boundary (either defined by white boundary stakes or a boundary fence) & 2. If your ball is lost   If you see your ball go into a water hazard, you have the option to drop.   As Dormie indicates above, you always have the option to re-tee playing 3. But you are only required to do so in the two instances above.
Obviously it depends on the course difficulty, what tees you play from, etc. etc... But in general, I would guess that a 4 man team of that skill level would come in around 68-70. It's REALLY hard to shoot over par in a scramble event if the golfers are somewhat competent.
Ok thanks for clarifying. With that said, I disagree with your premise. The lower average net scores will almost always belong to the A flight. The lowest individual net scores will probably come from a higher flight, but those will be offset by the net 80's that are common amongst high cappers.