or Connect

Posts by Big C

Back before I knew any better, I would accept swing tips and advice from anyone who was willing to offer. It didn't matter if the person was a complete hack who I had just been paired up with on the first tee box, anytime someone suggested a swing fix, I felt compelled to try it. Sometimes the tips helped, and sometimes they were disastrous from the get go. I still remember listening to a guy who wanted me to exaggerate my wrist hinge immediately upon takeaway. I had never...
I think you are making too big a deal of an innocuous comment
 Yes I found that interesting as well. Anthony was criticized for selecting a 100 yard "feel" shot. Then a few moments later, one of the guys picks 134, with the explanation that "this is just a perfect 3/4 8-iron for me." WTF?? As if he even knows what a three quarter iron feels like. Maybe it was 71%? Or 82%? Fittingly, he hit a terrible shot. Just goes to show that some of the bad conventional wisdom in golf is still quite prevalent out there. As for my thoughts on the...
Aggghhhh, Well I'm sorry to say it, but it looks like I will be out regardless of the date. As mentioned I'll be out of town for a week starting November 2nd. And when I mentioned to my wife that I might be playing in a golf outing in Palm Springs the day before..... well, you can probably guess that didn't go over too well. Kinda embarrassing to reveal to the TST community who wears the pants in my marriage, but thankfully @Golfingdad, already paved the way for...
Hey Fellas,   I have a flight up to Northern California that afternoon, so I can't play Sunday the 2nd.  Ordinarily I would suggest we try for Saturday instead, but if Sunday works best for others, then definitely stick with that. @k-troop, is Saturday the 1st of November out for you as well?
Yes I have done a 3 club 9 hole tourney before and it was a blast. My question for you is -Why use a putter? You give up so much length by using a 5 iron and putting with a hybrid/3w/driver really isn't that hard. Come to think of it, any club can be a putter. When I played there were a few guys putting with their sand wedge
This thread has been dormant for awhile because.... well..... my practice has been dormant for awhile. Nonetheless, I decided to reflect back on the advice that @mvmac gave me several months ago, review the old videos, really try to digest the suggestions and translate that with a few trips to the range over the past month.   All I can say is that there's lots of good stuff in there that I either buried (mentally) or overlooked on the first go around. Here is a video of...
The continuum for SoCal municipal golf (note: this probably applies to other metro areas like NYC as well)   4:30 round - Good solid pace, a few minutes of waiting here and there but nothing to take me out of rhythm. I am pleasantly surprised 4:15 round - Wow, we finished pretty quickly. I waited on a couple of the par 3's, but that's about it. Looks like I have time for a beer in the clubhouse 4:00 round - Holy smokes, why is this course so open? Was there an...
Color me skeptical, but I feel like there is a "twist" coming later in this thread. Perhaps the BanditGrip is legal for use in competition and the OP is looking for a clever way to highlight that fact?
Probably not in a casual round. Even if we were playing for a small amount of $$$, I would probably let it slide. I've had buddies who will pull out their "orange whip" mid round and swing while we are waiting on the tee box, I've had buddies carry 17 clubs in their bag, guys who change their ball out once they reach the green, etc. etc.   As long as there is no field to protect, I don't think any of that stuff gives someone enough of an advantage that I'll call them on...