or Connect

Posts by Big C

If he's shooting a legit 80, then he's a 5-10 handicap in my book. Relative statements like "I couldn't make a putt to save my life" or "my driver deserted me" are fairly meaningless to me. If dan scores like a 5-10 handicap then that's what he is.
People with terrible swings can do some crazy things to the golf ball. I remember when I brought my mother in law to the driving range and let her take a few swings with my club. Somehow she managed to sky a ball backwards 30 yards in air towards the opposite end of the driving range stall. My wife and I watched nervously as it bounced 10 feet away from the only other guy there and bounded down the concrete towards the practice putting green. He looked up briefly, gave a...
Because I'm cheap and not overly particular about what I play, I tend to rotate balls based on what I have in my bag or what I've found in the woods the previous outing. I really like Bridgestone 330 - series, as well as the Srixon Z-Star's, but both of those will probably cost you more than you want to spend new.   So my recommendation for you is to try to the Nike 20XI balls. I have played them for several rounds, and have always found their performance and feel to be...
 I have heard this rule before, but it seems like antiquated thinking to me. If there is a two-some or a single playing behind my group - and if there is space in front of us - I am going to let the smaller group play through every time. I would hope most members on this site would do the same. Why wouldn't you? It seems like common courtesy. Now if the course is packed and there is nowhere to go, then I'm not letting anybody play through. But that's another matter...
 Sure thing. You can't go wrong with any of the 3 Long Beach Muni's - Skylinks, El Dorado or Rec Park. They are all fun to play and even weekend rates with a cart won't set you back more than $60-72 bucks. I'd probably suggest Skylinks because in my experience, it's easiest to get a good tee time there and the course conditions are usually very good. Los Verdes in Palos Verdes is a great option (affordable, coastal views on many holes), but if you can't get a 9am or...
There are people out there who will fight to the bitter end on principle, even when it's not to their benefit financially. In an era where everyone is encouraged to settle, I have a certain begrudging respect for people who will see something through.   Truth be told, Rory probably doesn't care about the money -  his concern should be the emotional toll a lingering lawsuit has on his mental state and his ability to play top tier golf
I'd like to point out that - depending on your area - joining a club does not automatically require a hefty amount of disposable income. I joined a local men's club affiliated with a public muni here in Long Beach and my yearly dues are $120. That gives me access to all of their events, monthly tournaments, away trips, etc. Although I still have to pay for each event/round I play separately.   Without question, it has been the best golf related decision I have ever made....
 Concise and to the point. I like it! I'm assuming by "suck" he means that Mike shot a 76 or something, lol.
So how did the outing go? No winners or losers this time, but were there any memorable shots, holes, stories? What kind of shape was the course in?
The third swing was very well done. Kudos!