or Connect

Posts by vo-man

I tend to agree with this.  I've played with several golfers who hit 300 easily with a driver and they've got the short game to back it up and maintain a low handicap.   And I have personally witnessed, along with 4 other players, a drive of 426 yards from our club's long drive champion.  (granted it was from an elevated tee box, to a downhill fairway, with a strong lake wind behind the ball, that rolled over the green and ended up behind a 420 yard par 4 green) But that...
Don't have a basement but my back yard is 110 yards deep and 85 yards wide so I get a lot of wedge practicing done. 
I managed to get two rounds in over the 4th of July holiday period. 
I watched a friend hit a hole in one on a short par 4 once.  Or is that an albatross?  or Both?
I got a promotional green fee 'bag tag' as part of the goodie bag at a tournament last year.  32 free rounds of golf.  Only downside was that the 'promotional' cart fee for each course was almost as much as the standard green fee.  At one course the cart fee was $25.  at another the promotional  cart fee was $40 and at that same course they had a Spring special of $33 including cart going on.  All those 'coupon' type golf promotions are BS if you ask me.  You can...
??? I play one ball per round.  Last week I made it to the 18th hole before I lost a ball in a water hazard and had to pull a 2nd ball from my bag. 20 balls off the tee, in any direction....? 3 balls?  What is up with that?  You should read the book on Titanic Thompson. One of his betting tactics was letting his opponent hit 3 balls off each tee and play the best ball.  It usually wore them out by the end of the first nine so they didn't have any good shots...
Maybe he should seek some sort of sponsorship if he hasn't already done that.  If the girls are truly gifted at the sport it would seem likely that some corporate sponsor would kick in some financial support.  On the other hand, maybe they should think about playing with less expensive gear and getting a club membership with unlimited golf.  Gymnastics is an expensive sport too but I didn't buy my daughter a $1000 leotard.
I went down the exact same road 11 yrs ago.  Bulging disc, sciatic pain, right leg and foot numbness, chiropractor, etc.   I had endured it for about six months then one day I was changing a flat tire and the bulging disc ruptured.  All the symptoms then magnified and within 30 days I could hardly walk.  After I suffered several sudden spasms that would take my legs right out from under me without any warning, I went back to my doctor, but this time they had to bring a...
     It seems that so many people, involved in all types of sports, find it necessary to compare their skill level to the sports professionals.  Those of us who are not Pro's, despite the sport we may participate in, are amateurs.  And by definition, amateurs are not expected to perform or score at Pro levels.      Once a person is able to accept that, and find satisfaction in playing to his/her own level, no matter what ones handicap may be, the game becomes less...