or Connect

Posts by Stargaze

Someone who takes a lot of time before their shot and then they shank it.  You find out this is their game, they suck but they prepare like they're a scratch golfer.
I am tempted to do the same thing, I hit well with a 5 iron when I place it on a tee but when it's on the ground I sometimes duff the ball.  I have to get to the point where I'm not duffing the ball before I ignore my driver all together.
I've been playing for about 3 years now.  The first couple of years I played maybe 12 times, this past year I've been playing as often as I can, maybe 14 or 16 times so far this year.  I got an unlimited range pass at my local golf course and made the decision to work almost exclusively on my short game.  So I spent hours and hours with a wedge in my hand, then over to the practice green to putt for hours and hours.  You get the idea.   I play my 2 buddies from work...
  I think you're right Walt!
This is the same guy that can hit a golf ball 200+ yards with a putter, no joke.
    Yeah I think 20' may have been too short of a distance.  I probably should have said 10 or 15 feet from the fringe.  I guess what I was getting at is, do people try to "putt" the ball onto the green with an iron or hybrid or do they pitch it on hoping to drop it near the pin.  
LOL I guess I should have clarified that you're not ;)
I found this video that kind of shows you what I was referring to in case my written description wasn't clear.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQqPcXAmpAc&feature=youtu.be&t=2m20s
Okay, so you hit the ball about 20 feet from the pin, how do you handle this situation?  Right now, I usually get an iron [7 or 8 iron] and have my hands holding the club so that the club head is behind my wrists.  I come down onto the ball with a putter like swing, not sure if that's making sense.   Anyway the club head hits the ball and it pops up into the air a little with a 6 or 7' roll maybe.    I have a buddy that gets a sandwedge and just pivots [no arm...
Rory McIlroy, the guy has the nicest technique when he swings, it's a thing of beauty!