or Connect

Posts by Stargaze

Well the truth is, I'm not real accurate with my driver yet but the good news is I don't have a slice or a hook.   My drives are going straight just not down the pike, they tend to zone in on a tree somewhere along the way and head right for it.
I'm working on the following items:     1.  Follow through - I have a tendency to stop my swing and not allowing the momentum to bring the club up around my body.   2.  Weight shifting - I'm learning to get the weight to my right heel during backswing and then starting to shift my weight just before the beginning of my swing.  
Around 250 via GPS. I don't have any trackman stats.
Well I don't have much golf experience so I won't have any great stories but the last time I was out I shot a ball out of one bunker and into another.  I wanted to choke something.

I think I understand the confusion now.  I know for myself, when I'm talking about driving distances I'm including the roll.  My God I wouldn't bother dreaming of driving 300 yards in just the carry.
Here's a guy that can really smash the ball.  Take a look at his swing, it's unreal.    
  LOL!!  Outstanding post.
I personally don't have a hard time believing someone drives the ball 300+.  One of the long drive champions, Jamie Sadlowski, can hit over 400 and he's a tiny guy.  I was watching this other kid, only 16 years old hitting over 400.  I think if you have a solid swing and some athletic ability you can get that ball out there.     For me I'm not a powerful guy, I don't have a solid swing so 200+ yards is what I have to be happy with.  I'm not going to hit 300 unless...
LOL!  That's what I thought too but it's what I heard from a few people.  I figured, hell, my 6th year better be better than my 3rd!