or Connect

Posts by Stargaze

I've heard a few times that when you hit your 3rd year of playing golf you are entering the peak of your ability.  Is this true?  2 and a half years from now am I going to be the best I'll ever be?
    Do you have a smartphone?  If so you can get apps like skydroid that will help you get an idea how far you hit it.  I use it fairly often when I play to determine how many yards to the pin but you can also determine how far you drove.
Just as a reminder or even a clarification.  I'm not and wasn't concerned about hitting a 300 yard drive...I saw a guy hit 250 - 270 and he did it without killing it.  I knew it wasn't just raw power with his arms causing this.  To me, a 240 or 250 yard drive is my goal.  What I'm trying to do though is make my club do the work and not my body if at all possible.
  LOL!!  Post of the day.
    I'm not at the skill level to do any intentional spin yet but I thought you really needed the grooves in the club to produce spin.  I'm surprised that, with you being in the bunker you were able to get good spin with the sand in the way.  Nice job!   Question, what do you do different to get the ball to land on the green and not travel?
I'm personally cheering for Myrtle Beach.  If we go there my wife is gonna wanna go too lol.
  That's cool, I wasn't trying to pee in your cornflakes.  I myself look forward to charity events, I'm not real competitive.
    Right, but when you were hitting 120+ shots a round were you making plans for a competitive tournament?  I can understand you doing it now...but 3 years ago it would be putting the cart before the horse IMO.
I'm not trying to be snide trust me, but if your handicap is way up there like mine....does it make sense to even talk about competing in tournaments?
Saw this video this AM, I'm going to practice out at the range in a little bit.  What he's saying here really makes sense to me and I think my swing plane is probably off as my drives are not very consistent.  I hit the ball every time but not on the sweet spot every time.  Notice he doesn't jump out of his shoes lol.