or Connect

Posts by Stargaze

I'm not trying to be snide trust me, but if your handicap is way up there like mine....does it make sense to even talk about competing in tournaments?
Saw this video this AM, I'm going to practice out at the range in a little bit.  What he's saying here really makes sense to me and I think my swing plane is probably off as my drives are not very consistent.  I hit the ball every time but not on the sweet spot every time.  Notice he doesn't jump out of his shoes lol.    
    I don't want to derail the thread but I can't help myself here.   I have a buddy that just won't listen to reason.  He needs to work on the fundamentals from A - Z and he won't.  He can't drive very well and I tell him to get lessons and start from the very beginning...approaching the ball.  Then work up from there til you're getting to your swing and so forth.  "Nah I'm happy with my irons I just need to get my driver swing better".     It's like really is that why...
  Can you break this down for me a little?  I think I understand "good tempo", meaning not a rushed swing but consistent and fluid?   What do you mean by width and lag exactly?
    Well to be honest I wasn't so worried about hitting super far it was more how fascinated I was at watching this guy hit it far and it seemed like he was doing a nice casual swing.  If I see the guy again I'm going to see if he minds showing me his swing.  I don't know if that's creepy or not but it was such a fluid swing and the result was fantastic.
    Thanks for the input.  When I am able to manage a 250 yard drive I am "coming out of my shoes".  So I'm going to work [have a lesson this Saturday] on having a fluid, sound, proper swing and just be happy with whatever I'm able to manage.     What I've learned this year is that a 280 yard drive means f*** all when you can't putt.  So my focus the next couple of months is going to be with my sandwedge and my putter.  This is where I'm going to be able to lower my...
  So these large [huge even] driver heads are great for being forgiving but they take away some distance correct?
Yeah I didn't word my opening post well.  I should have just left it at 280+ yards, 330 is rediculous.  I'm happy with a 260 yard drive and not having to he-man it there...just solid technique that allows my club to do the work.  I also wanted to add that this guy had a taylor made r11s or something like it, so he was working with nice gear.  
For those of you that can hit 280 - 330 yard drives, what do you think contributes most to your ability?  Is it the swing technique?  Is it the raw power you inject into your swing?   The reason I ask is because I was at the range the other day.  As I was walking along the range I saw this guy drive a couple balls.  It was so wild because it was like his swing was so "soft" yet the ball just took off like it was a rocket nice and straight.  His swing also seemed a...
    Well me personally I try NOT to play the same golf course that I played earlier in the week or week before.   I try to hit the 6 or 7 golf courses within an hour drive of my house.